Please recommend an AS splash

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by javyn, Oct 23, 2007.

1. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Lavender-Peppermint (from the contained oils and menthol crystals). No other fragrance is added.

2. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I still preferr my Bay Rum.

3. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

4. javyn

javyn New Member

And that's quite a nice collection Joe!

Still have a bit of Old Spice left, and also some Nivea Sensitive A/S balm just in time for winter. But I'll definitely bookmark the Alpine for after the brief Texas Winter.

5. herzi

herzi Active Member

Speick would be my recommendation.

6. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

7. javyn

javyn New Member

Has anyone actually used the Alpine to rub down their feet?

I am very interested in getting a bottle to try now...but am not sure if I want that or just get some Skin Bracer from the drug store for instant gratification lol

8. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

Try the Skin Bracer. I think you will enjoy the cooling sensation. Not expensive to buy.

9. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Yeah, was cool, but didn't do much for me. Haven't done it again.

Sage advice!

10. Will

Will Nevermind

The Tribe has spoken.

11. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Skin Bracer burnt my face off each time I used it.

12. javyn

javyn New Member

Kingpepper from the looks of it you are a tad biased ;)

13. jnich67

jnich67 Member

Speick is a nice one. The scent is very light and it doesn't clash with colognes. Also, if you like OS, try Tabac or Pinaud Clubman. For superior skin treatment in an a/s splash, DR Harris Sandalwood after shave lotion can't be beat.

Bay Rum is a classic and I think all men should have some on hand. Dominica and Royall have great versions.

Jordan

14. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Agreed, all men should have some at al times. Although a little Acqua Velva is always nice to have on hand.

15. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hmmmm, I am going to have to look at the skin bracer...don't think I remember ever smelling it..

Does it have more menthol than Ice Blue AV?

16. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

It may indeed [​IMG]

17. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

Biased no. I also enjoy Aqua Velva Classic. Both are inexpensive and can be bought at the local drug store. I enjoy the "cooling effect" they have and there may be a slight burn while first using them. The Menthol Effect. And there are others! Time for me to change the avitar.:D Done!

18. seamus402

seamus402 You don't mess with Big Slim

Wow - I need to go clean up.

19. owen

owen Member

If you are ordering from classicshaving I would recommend Proraso aftershave splash 14.99. I dont know if you will enjoy the scent, but it does not last long. It dries down very quickly. You get the cooling effect from the menthol, and since the scent does last long you can use whatever EDT you wish. Down side is price ,thats why I grab AV alot not afraid to waste it even prefer it sometimes to the high English ones that cost 20 times more.

20. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I do not recommened Skin Bracer. While cheap it will burn your face off as it did mine each time I used it.