Plisson brush with stand

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Austin, May 27, 2010.

1. Austin

Austin Member

Gents, I no longer use this beautiful tortoise shell brush with stand. It is 21mm pure badger brush. It's soft and wonderful with shave creams. It's yours for $150 plus shipping. Verified addresses only.

[​IMG]

2. Goodknightbri

Goodknightbri New Member

Does Plisson refer to the brand or the type of horn in the handle? brush type? thanks.. I know it's top shelf just unsure exactly why.

3. Austin

Austin Member

4. Goodknightbri

Goodknightbri New Member

Plisson

Thanks Gentlemen, So Plisson is the brand and the handle types and hair are all optional, much like a Simpsons, Kent, etc... I've noticed Plisson tends to be the Rolls Royce of brushes but I thought it was a type of badger hair or handle that added to the value and cost. It's the one type of brush I don't have! Have a great Memorial Day weekend and good luck with the sale, Austin! Best, Brian

5. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Plisson, is one of the last brush makers that still makes brushes entirely by hand *See the horn handles*from the hand turned lathe, hand sorted bristle bunches and they actually use European badger hair. They do use Chinese badger in their lowend brushes though.

And yes, good luck Austin!

;)