Polish Shave Creams WARS or LIDER

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by TheFiveO, Apr 23, 2015.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I believe the correct declension is dang-ski. :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  2. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Smart Alec-ski

GDCarrington and richgem like this.
  3. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

That's why they never taught me Polish... not enough vowels.:angry017:

4. richgem

That and the grammar is darn near impossible for an English speaker. (IMHO)

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  5. Dzia Dzia

It's something special being called Dzia Dzia by my four year old grandson. Very endearing.

GDCarrington and richgem like this.
  6. TheFiveO

One of my citizen volunteers always speaks polish to me when he sees me at the station. I feel like an idiot as I nearly immediately forget how to repeat things such as good day and other salutations!

At least I can say, and make, pierogies.

Jeff, aka @crackstar, speaks several languages. He could probably comment on how different, and difficult, Polish is compared to Russian even though I think they have the same root/origin.

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. richgem

yes, Polish and Russian are both Slavic family languages. And so, there are some similarities in grammar and vocabulary. But also many many differences.

Yehuda D, crackstar and GDCarrington like this.
  8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Mój Boże - kolejny Polak tutaj? ;) Gdzie kurwa możesz nauczyć się mówić po polsku?:)

GDCarrington likes this.
  9. Dzia Dzia

I usually helped Mom make pirogi and kielbasa. Forget Mrs T's and Hillshire Farms. I make them for holiday seasons. I'm off topic. Forgive me.

Yehuda D and crackstar like this.
  10. crackstar

Gentlemen, Polish, Russian, and Ukrainian are three languages which I have been speaking since my childhood. They are very similar, especially Russian and Ukrainian, but also Ukrainian spoken in the western part of Ukraine, and Polish. According to some Ukrainians I know, whenever I speak Ukrainian they tell me my pronunciation is very Polish-influenced. Whenever I would travel to Russia, the people I spoke to freaked when I told them I wasn't born in Russia - they said my Russian was flawless!

GDCarrington, Dzia Dzia and richgem like this.
  11. crackstar

Ślimak, ślimak, wystow rogi, dam ci centa na pierogi! :)

TheFiveO and GDCarrington like this.
  12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

A shave that occurred this month last year ...

[​IMG]

TheFiveO and richgem like this.
  13. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

This thread prompted me to take the plunge and buy some of these creams. I'm fond of the eastern Euro products I've used so far...except Czech Pitralon, that's just nasty.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  14. TheFiveO

Ah man nothing like home made cooking! Recipes from the Old Country, of which I have a cook book! Although that being said I have not yet ventured into making duck blood soup!

15. Dzia Dzia

No çzarnina for me. Blood is not good for me to eat. My Dzia Dzia loved it. Had it every duck season. He died from a heart attack in his sixty's. Mom loved it. She walked around with a colostomy bag for years. My brothers love it. They have colon problems. I never liked it. To foul for me. YMMV.

16. richgem

My order just arrived with today's mail. Including time dwelling with Customs, 11 days turn-around from Poland. Not bad and that length had nothing to do with the eBay seller or with Polish Mail.

Tomorrow is a "no shave day," but Thursday will see the break-in of the (original scent) Lider.

17. Dzia Dzia

USPS?

18. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Sits in customs forever. My order made it to the US in 5 days. It's sitting in New York at customs.

19. Dzia Dzia

So someone from the government was there to help.

GDCarrington likes this.
  20. richgem

I've been using the green/original Lider for the last few days... palm & face lathering and I maybe need to work on the product ratio a bit more b/c the lather is fine for my face (tho not volumous), but it disappears fairly quickly from my brush. In other words, not enough lather gets left for a second pass.

But, otherwise, I do get a nice smooth shave and the scent is quite nice. It's a light citrusy/limey/fresh sort of scent, if that helps.

Next up, for the coming week, WARS (which I've used before in it old / pre-discontinued/ pre-recontinued formulation (I don't think there was a formual change, however)).