polishes

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by neiasden, Oct 27, 2022.

1. neiasden

neiasden Member

I am not a big fan of flitz. the green compound the brown Tripoli and the black Emery should cover celluloid scales and blades stainless steel and carbon, right? can I get a, hell yeah?

2. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

neiasden and gssixgun like this.
  3. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    You really need to approach Celluloid scales very carefully, I do them by hand only, using a polish like Flitz, Blue Magic, or Plast-X

If they are really bad I might use some high grit sandpaper to clean them before polishing

neiasden and Steve56 like this.
  4. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

These also work well, they’re thin micromesh pads for jewelry. They’re the bees knees for ivory and work well on dirty/oxidized plastic. I like them for celluloid scales because there are no chemicals. They work well on steel too. The best prices are on Etsy.

2AEE26CF-D3C5-42DF-9387-3855BC63BF5D.jpeg

neiasden and Gasman like this.
  5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Can you start showing some of your projects?? Before and after restorations.

6. neiasden

neiasden Member

I certainly can. I haven't got anything finished yet I kind of work in stages I will do all of one thing on several of them like unpinning and then when I get them all on pinned I will start sanding the blades etc.

OTE="DaltonGang, post: 2055740, member: 17101"]Can you start showing some of your projects?? Before and after restorations.

.[/QUOTE]