Preaching the Good Word of DE

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by ktulu64, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Absolutely not ! - Too much competition on Ebay as it is ! ;)

2. apswartz

apswartz New Member

Just this afternoon, my youngest son (22 years old) decided he wants to DE shave. I let him pick one of my razors and he chose my Schick Krona because it looked so retro to him. He has very thick hair and has been having problems with razor burn and ingrown hair.

We walked through the process and he had his first shave and it went very well. No nicks or weepers (his skin is much tougher than mine).

3. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

so far: just online for the most part w/ GEM razors. i dont force it down anyones throat, but i would have made a great sales rep for them back in the day ;)

4. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I bet you would have been like Victor Kiam and bought the company! :happy102

5. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

hahahahaha

6. yayrum

yayrum New Member

I converted a close friend to soap and a mug. He has a DE on the way.

7. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

The only real opportunity I saw for a conversion was when a co-worker complained to me about the ingrowns he gets on his neck (he said his wife plucks them out with tweezers -- ouch!). I though, "Okay, I'll preach the Gospel a little bit here". It was just a waste of time -- he likes to shave quickly in the shower with a cartridge razor. Enjoy the plucking, buddy!

8. apswartz

apswartz New Member

My son is sticking with it. I gave him some Kiss My Face Lime and The Real Shaving Company Sensitive Skin Creams today. He loves the Schick Krona.

9. Marsom

Marsom New Member

It's interesting, but most of my friends and associates view my DE shaving as a bit eccentric. I have tried to turn a few of my friends onto it, but most don't seem very interested. One of my friends actually started DE shaving and admitted that it was giving him the closest shaves he's ever had, but still found himself reaching for the Mach III for convenience and speed. I find most guys don't seem to put much attention on shaving. I have one friend that tried my DE out along with my brush and cream and was really pleased with how pleasurable and effective the shave was, but at the end of the day, he wasn't about to get online and get involved with tracking the stuff down. Too easy to use his canned Aveeno and disposable razor and shave in the shower.

Best,
    Marion

10. rainman

rainman New Member

Everyone thinks I'm crazy when I bring it up.

11. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

Hmm. It was my brother who encouraged me to give the soap and brush a try, but he uses the Trac II system with a metal Merkur handle. He did mention last month that he'd like to try a DE again, and I have 4 of them coming mail...one will be passed along to him. We'll see what happens. He's such a frugal fellow that the low cost of blades alone would motivate him to give the DE a fair and lengthy trial.

My two nephews each got a free Fusion and think that it's the ultimate, along with Edge gel. After shaving, they both look like they've used a cheese grater on their faces, but my bro and I can't seem to convince them to give the brush and soap/cream a try.

12. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

I've managed to get one of my two brothers into DE shaving.
    The other one's growth cant justify any shaving yet :happy097
    I tried talking a friend into using the DE, and lent him one of my Super Adjustables, some cream and a brush,
    but he wasn't to comfortable using the double edge and ended up going back to the Mach3 again.
    He enjoyed the brush and cream so much that i sold him the brush and gave him some creams and an alum stick.
    Convincing someone to at least using a brush and cream/soap is good enough for me. :D

13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Preach on Dave..... Preach on..:signs107:happy096:::eatdrink047:eatdrink004 :transport005

Fuzzy

14. Peders

Peders Member

Nice bump here :rolleyes:

I have converted at least one of my friends and if i get my hands on a nice Vintage razor I'm pretty sure I will with another. He's really a "vintager"(Don't really know if that's a word) and would probably use it just because it was the way it was done back in the days.

15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I vote that Vintager is now a word at TSD.

Fuzzy

16. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Second. All in favor?

17. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

18. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

only if someone comes up with a shaving version of PWNED.

19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

? I have to have more information on that one...brain is in slow
    Fuzzy

20. Truckman

Truckman New Member

PWNED