Printing a Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by twhite, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Surlyduck

Surlyduck Member

great job, brushes look really good, the bowls though, I'm sure you would find plenty of people here that wouldn't mind getting one from you

wmbjr and twhite like this.
  2. rxshave

rxshave Member

You are a god among men. Great idea and ingenuity!

twhite likes this.
  3. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

I have been above fortune in receiving the 3D shaving bowl from Tom @twhite When I opened the box I was surprised at how thick it was and the texture and swirls inside. I used it for this morning's shave. I put a dollop of Proraso green and used my EJ Best Badger brush. Almost immediately it began whipping up a nice rich lather. I normally face lather but when using a cream I had been loading the brush in a bowl. My brush filled up so quickly in this bowl that I really enjoyed bowl lathering. The lather was rich and creamy and made for an amazing shave with my first time use of a Schick Golden 500 that was gifted to me by @Rufus T. Again I was really surprised by the smoothness of this shaver and a 2 pass shave left me BBS.
    I normally shave about every other day but I'm going for Proraso Red tomorrow with the same set up.
    Thank you Tom on a real fine bowl and thank you RT for a great razor.

barbersurgeon and twhite like this.
  4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Glad you like it. It is nice to know that you got the same results as I did. I am very happy with my bowl and brush.

Tom

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    Dzia Dzia likes this.
  5. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

As well you should be. They are quality items.

twhite likes this.
  6. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Very cool

7. Paul6506

Paul6506 Well-Known Member

Looks great! Do you have a digital file for this design? Would you be willing to share it? I have axcess to a 3D printer at my work. They just need to load the file into it.

8. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Yes i do. PM your email and i will send over the stl. file. I used SLS to print my stuff. What were you planning on using. Keep us posted on how it goes.
    Tom

9. Epimetheus

Epimetheus Well-Known Member

The printing looks wonderful!

Yo-yo enthusiasts color the white plastic with a soak in RIT dye and warm water. It is really nifty you could get it printed in nylon.

There are many people with home-sized printing kits. They give a finish good enough for tiny model trains, not quite the fine finish you achieve with your company's high-end equipment. A person could print any cartoon character head.

twhite likes this.
  10. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Yes i printed mine in nylon. I too was thinking about using RIT dye. I may try that at a later date.

Tom

11. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I just received 2 more knots from WD to mount in my 3D brushes. I now have synthetic, boar and pure black badger all 3 are 24 mm knots. I will get to try them out in December.
    I had a little issue keeping my handles straight up while glueing and curing. I came up with this solution. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448662030.433826.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448662045.855108.jpg

wmbjr and JBSharp like this.
  12. Epimetheus

Epimetheus Well-Known Member

Great solution to hold the handles. The foam pipe insulation is inexpensive and disposable if it gets messy.

twhite likes this.
  13. pvtbanks

pvtbanks Corners First

I love this thread.. The ingenuity on the forum is incredible.

twhite likes this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

George Jetson would be proud. Mr. Spacely might be upset, unless he got one, too.
    Misters Jetson & Spacely.gif

pvtbanks and twhite like this.
  15. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I love that. Only if mr. Spacely is good. He might get one for Christmas.

pvtbanks likes this.
  16. Alejandro S

Alejandro S Active Member

Really incredible! Thanks for sharing

twhite likes this.
  17. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Thanks. I can't wait to try the new knots.

18. pvtbanks

pvtbanks Corners First

I can't wait to read about the new knots!

twhite likes this.
  19. Alejandro S

Alejandro S Active Member

I can't wait to read about you trying the new knots...

twhite likes this.
  20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Come December i will be trying my new brushes and my new injectors. The boar brush will take some break-in . Looking forward to it

wmbjr likes this.