Private Conversation Upgrades

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by sparky5693, May 14, 2012.

1. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    We've made some upgrades to our private messaging system. Many of the new features are accessible by the checkbox next to your conversations. Many new features here, including the ability to mass leave conversations, and the ability to stick messages to the top of your box.

Hopefully most will benefit from the new system. Also, please take some time to clean out your inbox. In the future we will once again be limiting the space available. Full boxes will not receive messages.

2. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

So I know as I am rather new will pm inbox be restricted by number of joined or file size of the messages

Edit : love the site btw great layout features and easy navigation!

3. sparky5693

Administrator
    It will be number of messages. We plan on setting it to something generous, but I find it necessary to set some kind of limit. I believe our previous limit was a couple hundred.

Before anything is put in place, I'll make sure there is advanced notification on when it goes into effect, and what the cap is. Until today, it had been more difficult that it should have been to remove multiple messages.

4. awake2shave

*nods* I just cleaned out my inbox and looked over the new features:thanks:

5. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

I tried to clean out my inbox by leaving 22 conversations- I keep getting a server error message.

6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Great. You broke it. :D

7. sparky5693

Administrator
    Hmm.... Just for my benefit, try doing it with less selected at a time.

8. awake2shave

I got one of those trying to edit my early reply to this thread twice after has not happened before not complanning just fyi :D

9. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

:ashamed001: I just left 12 conversations at once ...

It only took 4 minutes but I didn't receive any errors. Next time I will go for less!

10. sparky5693

Administrator
    Aside from it not doing what you wanted, the error is harmless. In testing, I was doing about 3 pages at a time.