Problems with Shavemac Quality Control??

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by SlagleRock, Jan 9, 2009.

1. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Has anyone here ever had any quality control issues with Shavemac brushes? My wife ordered me a 585 (Faux Horn) in Silvertip for Christmas (as part of the group buy here). Because I was deployed at the time she had it shipped home rather than to me in the Middle East. When I finally got home she showed me the brush and I was sorely disappointed. The handle looked nice, the Silvertip felt amazing, but there were several globs around the top of the handle (base of the hair). I'm assuming that it is the epoxy used to secure the badger hair into the handle.

I've emailed them and am anxiously awaiting their response. I really wanted to use this brush, but I've decided to wait until I hear back from them.

I was just curious if anyone else has run into this before either with Shavemac or any other manufacturer.

2. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Once in a great while something will come up and you hear a story. I was shipped the wrong brush one time and it was taken care of. I also had a spot of something on a brush handle but it came off with my fingernail scrapin away. Wait to hear from Bernd, he may take a few days but he will get back to you.
    Bernd will make it right.

3. I got the same brush that you have... silvertip 585. I've really been enjoying it. Haven't had any problems at all and its super luxurious.

I'm sure Bernd will take care of you.

4. Jim Corbett

Jim Corbett Member

I got the clear acrylic with black in silvertip and love it. Thankfully mine was flawless. I am surprised with all the good things being said about Shavemac and Bernard that they would let anything out the door like that. These are handmade aren't they ?

5. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Hi all, I wanted to give you an update. Bernd replied back to me within a few hours of me sending him the email. This was his response:

How is that for amazing customer service! Bernd and Shavemac clearly deserve the outstanding reputation they have!