Product Announcement from CAR

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by msandoval858, Aug 29, 2007.

1. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

2. jramire2

jramire2 Member

Interesting. I'm not a method shaver, but I'm wondering if I could use his "hard shaving rounds" to shave with, like a hard soap.

The only hydrolast product I use is the peppermint conditioner. Do you have any idea where I can find an ingredients list for this? It's not on the tub, and I'm wondering what's in it. Most importantly, I've got one full tub and one 3/4 full tub. I'm wondering if I should try to sell the full tub b/c I might not get to it before it goes bad.

3. msandoval858

Hydrolast Wet Shave Conditioner:

Purified Water, vegetable emulsifying wax, vegetal oils, rose hydrolate, aloe vera gel, soy lecithin, vegetable glycerin, seaweed extract, botanical extracts, xanthan gum, sea buckthorn, vitamin e, rosemary extract, grapefruit seed extract, essential oils.

The peppermint uses only pure peppermint EO for scent. I usually have Charles spike mine with a little additional EO for that extra peppermint kick.

4. jramire2

jramire2 Member

Wow, I didn't realize it was full of such good stuff. And the wax must explain why I get such a "sealed" feel after I apply it.

I don't use this often in the summer, it's a bit too moisturizing for me, so I stick w/good alcohol splashes. But this is my go to asb in the winter.

I've been wanting to get my hands on the lime/green tea scent for quite awhile now. And now he's got lavender, my other favorite scent.

Do you happen to know what "kind" of sandalwood scent his is?

Maybe I'll just liquidate all of my other balms and stick w/this stuff. I really expected a long list of chemicals, not a bunch of good stuff like it is.

5. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I have been using the shaving round for some time. It is an excellent shaving soap by itself or to use in conjunction with your favorite cream or the Hydrolast shaving paste to make lather.

ok now to recap:

new activator
    new shaving Rounds
    new superpaste

Mike and Charles thanks for the info.

Raf

6. msandoval858

I don't recall the exact kind of sandalwood it is, but I do know that it is the real deal. 100% sandalwood EO. I know this because I've seen the huge bottle of sandalwood he uses.. couldn't imagine what that probably costs :eek:

7. jramire2

jramire2 Member

How big are the new hard shaving rounds, and how much do they cost. I don't see them listed on the enchante' website.

8. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I thought for sure there was menthol in there.

That stuff is potent, very cooling :drool

9. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Eh? Hmmm....

You have a full tub for trade you say, Joshua? Very cooling, is it?

Mmmmmm.... see anything you likey in my Den? If it's THAT cooling I'm all :drool

10. jramire2

jramire2 Member

I have a big bottle of Chinese Peppermint EO (supposed to be stronger than domestic peppermint). I could send along a vial of it w/the tub if you like, then you could make it stronger if you wanted to. It's pretty darn cooling as it is, but I'm not a menthol head like some people.

You've got quite the inventory, is it all up for grabs? If not, let me know what's "available". Other than some select creams, I'm really looking for soaps/alcohol splashes at the moment.

11. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Axe Oil?

12. jramire2

jramire2 Member

Axe Oil? You mean like Axe/tag body spray?

I don't know what you mean exactly, but no.

My sister makes candles, and she buys all her fragrance and essential oils from a local candlemaking/soap making supply store. So a while back I was toying w/the idea of making my own custom scented rosehip based aftershave balms. Then summer hit, and it's been so muggy I haven't touched the rosehip since, waay too moisturizing for me.

So, I picked up 4oz bottles of Peppermint, tea tree, clove, rosemary, and cinnamon essential oils a while back. Now I hardly ever touch them.

sidenote - I didn't really realize how different scents smell when they're in concentrated EO form. Other than the tea tree, and maybe the peppermint, none of these scents smell the way they do when they're dilluted. The clove especially has a completely overbearing scent. Made my whole br stink (and I use the guest bath) so SO made me put it in another room. They smell great once their dilluted, but not when they're undilluted.

13. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

14. jramire2

jramire2 Member

Nope, that's not my stuff.

The place I buy my EO from shows the origin country of every EO they sell. For instance, Tea Tree - Australia, Lavender - France, etc.

The peppermint EO I got originates from China, but it's rebottled in a nice brown glass bottle w/dropper. No chinese newspaper writing here.

Though that would be cool though, my wifes asian.

15. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

It's all up for grabs, and I'm sure we can work something out. Shoot me a PM with what you're interested in that I have, and let's deal! ::