Product R.I.P. thread

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Darkbulb, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Douglas Carey likes this.
  2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

It'll take me forever to finish one item! lollll

Paul Turner likes this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  6. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Finally killed my bottle of Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm

Douglas Carey and wristwatchb like this.
  7. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Finished off a bottle of Captains Choice North aftershave. I would definately buy it again..

Douglas Carey and wristwatchb like this.
  8. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I finished a container of XPEC unscented shaving cream a few days ago. It performed well, but I probably won't buy it again. I prefer scented soaps these days.

Douglas Carey and PanChango like this.
  10. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I know that its pretty common not to finish products because we have so much great stuff to use, so post the stuff you have finished with your thoughts on it and whether you will buy it again!

I've finished:
    Proraso Green Soap-it was good, but if I re-buy it will be a while, I got tired of it.
    Proraso Red Soap-it was great and the sandalwood scent is strong and earthy, but I'm good for a while; too much of a good thing.
    Nivea Hand and Face Cream-it is great and I am almost through another tin of it.
    Arko sticks-Lol, too many to count and I just keep'em coming.
    Tabac Soap- The performance is outstanding and the I like the scent. Just as importantly my wife likes it. I'm on the next puck now.
    Chisled Face Cryogen-Excellent(qualifier-I like menthol). I think I'll try some of the other hyper-menthol soaps just to see if I'm missing anything.:)

11. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Here is a similar thread:

http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/product-r-i-p-thread.37624/

As for me I have finished very little:

VDH Luxury shave soap - I would buy again but need to finish other products.
    Nivea sensitive balm - I've used many, many bottles of this stuff.
    Lots of samples - Route 66, Soap Commander, and other soap makers.
    Col Conk Lime and Bay Rum - I would buy the Bay Rum again. I liked it pretty well. Unique scent.

MR41 likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Soaps:

-Clubman Shave Soap-It was OK, but a bit difficult for brush work, as it was just 2 oz. If Clubman increases the size to, say, 4 oz., I'll consider getting it again. Worked well with Clubman Original A.,S.

-Williams-I actually tossed this one out before it was fully through, but maybe I felt there was too much of it, or that I was getting pretty interested in other brands at the time. I was PIFed with one recently, and it's nice to have again. Will try it this summer, along with Aqua Velva, to see just why they say it's such a good combination.

MR41 likes this.
  13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

(continuing)

A.S.
    3 Stirling samplers(Exec. Man. Sharp Dressed Man&Gentleman). I may get a regular-sized Gentleman later on.

MR41 likes this.
  14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

15. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Bama Samurai likes this.
  16. KAV

KAV Well-Known Member

I like hash, especially after depressing the center and cooking an egg in it with lots of fresh cracked pepper. I will probably buy more if I can make sure it isn't brazilian sourced ( rainforest habitat loss to grazing) and on sale. My RIP items are those sold exclusively by vendors who abuse my self worth.

MR41 likes this.
  17. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

If you haven't tried Barrister and Mann's Arctique, you should give it a go. Super performance, and frigid cold. It's a seasonal thing so you'll have to wait for the release date (June 21) unless you find some on the BST.

MR41 likes this.
  18. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I've heard a lot about it. I've wondered if I'd like it. I'll look around for some.

19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Not a problem! :)
    You started a thread because you were curious about something. Just giving you more stuff to read! :bounce015:

MR41 likes this.
  20. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Used up a tube of VDH Shave Butter. It is a horrible shave cream, but with a hot towel makes a great pre-shave.

MR41 likes this.