Product R.I.P. thread

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Darkbulb, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Bah, no, samples so doesn't count :)
    See first post ;)

2. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

i hope they dont =)

KnockOut Shave likes this.
  3. KnockOut Shave

KnockOut Shave Well-Known Member

My bad. Can I delete my posts?

Darkbulb likes this.
  4. Omelmad

Ops, sorry =P didnt know

Darkbulb and KnockOut Shave like this.
  5. mickeyobe

mickeyobe Active Member

I have 3 after shave lotions which I will stick with.
    There is one pre/post shave goop which I may never use up. I may never use it again.
    There are 12 soaps, croaps and creams which I rotate. I want to get down to 7. That number divides nicely into the days in a week.
    Except for a new cream that I hear Nivea has brought out.

Mickey

6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I've used a couple of bottles of Dickinson WH, I dropped a half used alum block. I can see the bottom of the tin on my MITA.

7. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Finished a bottle of shave secret use as per shave and yes I would buy another.
    Take care

oldjoe likes this.
  8. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I can't recall a time in which I've ever seen a bottom on any of my soap tins….
    I suppose this is an indictment of my crass consumerism. ;)

jeraldgordon and Bama Samurai like this.
  9. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Gluttony is a sin but dang it is fun...

10. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

I finished a large bottle of CK B, a puck of Williams, and a Tub of T.O.B.S. Jermyn Street. Which brings up the question of just how many soap pucks have I polished off in the last 30-35 years? Way to many to even remember.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    jeraldgordon, Omelmad and Darkbulb like this.
  11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I will get back to this thread in about 10-15 years. I am pretty sure it will take at least that long

jeraldgordon likes this.
  12. Omelmad

Hahaha same here, do you think it counts when a bottle of homemade preshave oil is used up?

13. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Nothing in the OP's initial posting appears to be violated by your using up a homemade product. So I'd say, sure, it counts. ;)

14. Omelmad

I did once, but I just refilled right away =P

15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

:signs011: I couldn't agree more! :signs002:

Anyway, I finished a tub of TOBS Sandalwood today. So far I've tried TOBS Avocado and Sandalwood. Both of them lathered easily and worked well for me. I'd definitely use either one of them again. Right now, I've got other creams (AOS, Trumpers, & D.R. Harris) and soaps (MWF and Mike's) in the wings, so I'm good for awhile.

Darkbulb likes this.
  16. Omelmad

[​IMG]

Finished my first Bulldog Original moisturizer. I have another that was waiting to take its place. After I finish off this second tube, I will not be ordering a new moisturizer from the Original line. I will be buying it in the sensitive line, the reason being that my girlfriend doesn't really like the scent of it =P

I like the scent and the moisturizer is good for my skin, but I like to smell nice for my girl =) and if the sensitive doesn't have much scent It won't bother me. It's really a win/win. Happy girlfriend happy life

Darkbulb, Mr. Shaverman and Jostalli like this.
  17. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

The frequency of posts in this thread compared to 'what are you waiting on' and 'Haul' is rather interesting :)

Omelmad likes this.
  18. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I have actually finished off a few things since the last time I posted in this thread. A couple tubes of cream, a stick or two, and probably less than a week left on my current victim, a puck of Tabac. Almost time to figure out what's next. :)

Omelmad and Darkbulb like this.
  19. Omelmad

MdC ?=)

20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I used up my old ('80s?) puck of Aramis shave soap a few months back. Just pitched what was left, which resembled dried out baloney rind. It's probably so rare and/or pricey I don't plan to look for it again, but I'd sure use it if I could.

Omelmad likes this.