Proraso 500ml Pillow Viscosity

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by BabyBottomSmooth, Jul 20, 2011.

1. I purchased a Paraso 500ml tube from Shoebox today. I am wondering if it is thin enough to transfer to and use a pump bottle to dispense; like lotion? I hope it is thin enough to use a pump bottle (crosses fingers).

I have trimmed all of my creams and soaps to a 33oz pump bottle of T&H Ultimate Comfort Shave, the 33oz, pump bottle of T&H Ultimate Comfort Aftershave and the 500ml pillow of Proraso Shave Cream. A very simple set up. out of all of the bazillion creams, soaps and aftershaves these two won the prize. One regular cream and one menthol cream and one aftershave.

Done! Fished! Complete! No need for any other soaps or creams in my den.

I had too many choices and it was starting to paralyze me when trying to select a product to use; they all cried out, "pick me, pick me". If I were to never buy any more creams, gels, soaps and goo; I could probably go at least 15 years without another purchase. Funny and sad at the same time.

I boxed all of my other creams, soaps, etc., and sent some to my dad and the rest to friends. I was possesed.

I have 3 brushes; a Chubby 1 in best, a Case in best and a Wee Scot are all I have. Although this is all of the brushes I have ever had.

I have a Fatboy, a Mergress XL, a regular Mergress, a Futr, a Vision, a Sensor, a Mach 3 and a Fusion. I can't and won't part with any of these razors except the cartridge Gilettes. I have only Feather DE blades and Gilette cartridges.

Now that I have paired down I will probably get bored and start buying more stuff. lol. I compare this to people getting a consolidation loan to pay off their credit cards and then running them back up again.

Has anyone else reduced inventory to simplify their shaving life? How long were you able to go before aquiring more stuff? I am pretty sure I will be able to maintain my level of supplies and commitment for at least 6-8 days................I will probably white knuckle it the entire time.

Wish me luck.......

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I look at shave gear like beer; there are too many out there to limit myself to just one brand. The only thing I am married to is BG.

However, congrats on your ability to reduce your gear load and good luck with maintaining your inventory levels.

3. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

inventory

My stock of razors in gettin bigger quickly, 4 wks in to de shaving i have a merkur 34c hd,
    2xsuper speeds (sold as a pair) at a good price a
    merkur vision and a
    gold futur
    oh and a dovo straight that ive had for a while.
    only used the 34c so far, only because ive been waiting for some barbicde to arrive got it today and cleaned all the others, i know this looks crazy but i got all at good price's plus i had some cash built up on paypal, at some point i will look to trim my stock down when i find whats best for me, i paid about £80 for all the razors mentioned so i feel ive done ok, and will leave it at that. (well thats what im tell in the gf she dont know about the gold futur yet)

4. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

My goal is to get some different creams/soaps and find which ones i prefer and work best with me. Same with aftershaves, razors, blades. Then the hard part to keep it down to 2-3 of everything... ish :D

5. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

Heavy emphasis on the "ish" !!

6. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

hey now... :D. Well i want to get it down to 3 razors. 1 custom, 1 adjustable, 1 red tip. Then 2 or 3 aftershaves... and 2-3 soaps/creams in rotation. Might narrow cream choices down to 4 or 5. But have 2-3 that i use most often. Then keep one for special days or something similar.

7. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Prorasso has the consistency of toothpaste. I don't think there is a pump dispenser made that will be able to suck it up, better off just keeping it in the tube.

8. Dang. I guess I'll go with the pneumatic grease gun

Does anybody know if there is a dispenser for the 500ml pillow? Maybe at an Italian Barber supply. Certainly the Barbers are not using iy straight from that giant tube.

9. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

:sihns011
    :happy097:happy097:happy097:happy097

Pictures if you do that!! :happy102

EDIT: I've taken the liberty of drawing you up a prototype system:

prototype Proraso system (open)

[​IMG]

10. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

You might want to patten that...

Or a calking gun. Those work as well. ORRRR transfer it to a tub?

11. I like the way you think. I've been trying to figure out what to do with my old I.V. hanger.

12. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

Brilliant!!!

13. techjunkie

techjunkie Member

What's so hard about knocking stock down to no more than 3 of each kind of item?

I mean, come on guys... Be logical here, it's not rocket science.

3 French soaps
    3 French creams,
    3 English soaps
    3 English creams
    3 Spanish soaps
    3 Spanish creams
    3 German soaps
    3 German creams
    3 Portuguese soaps
    3 Protuguese creams
    3 vintage adjustables
    3 current production adjustables
    3 current production non-adjustables
    3 vintage US razors
    3 vintage British razors
    3 vintage German
    3 custom razors
    3 Japanese razors
    3 ivory handled american straights (French tip)
    3 wood handled american straights (French tip)
    3 plastic handled american straights (French tip)
    (repeat each tip style)
    (repeat for stainless vs. carbon)
    3 white
    3 red
    3 blue
    3 green

HawkfanLon likes this.
  14. AnB_Daddy

AnB_Daddy Active Member

15. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

I like the way you talk....:happy088

16. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

What you try to do - to copy my stash? ;) :happy102 Keep buying stuff, bro!

Asd likes this.