Proraso Green and I are friends again!

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Yehuda D, Dec 17, 2019.

1. brit

brit in a box

sunday/monday
    38 senator/platinum
    semogue taj boar
    proraso green

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enrico, awk-m4, Paul Turner and 2 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I forgot I wrote that....course it IS a year old.

brit likes this.
  3. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

How is that 500ml tube holding up?

Are you using it continuously? Or do you have a rotation?

4. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

I probably have about half of it left and i have used it i'd say 75%-80% of my shaves .. i usually shave 3-4 times/week, i really like the cream and only need a small amount in my shaving bowl to make enough lather for a 2-pass shave. Your mileage may vary but to me it performs really well

Ijustmissedthe50s and Ksblazer like this.
  5. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

That's very similar to to my shave routine. I tend to shave about every other day. On work days all I really need is a 2 pass shave and some touch up's. On the weekend or day off, when I have a little more time. I'll do a 3 pass with touch up's.

While I haven't tried a whole lot of tubed shave creams. From what I have. I've noticed that I don't need to use as much with Proraso as I did with the others.

This may be a few years down the road, as I have a lot of soaps that I've purchased and still plan to use. But when they are gone and I've downsized my rotation. I think I'd like pick up a 500ml tube of Proraso like you have.

LuvWetShavin likes this.
  6. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

Well i had a modest collection of about 25 different shaving soaps and after purchasing that 500ml tube and realizing how well it worked for me i sold off most of my others, i kind of did the same with my razors as well .. i had 11 DE razors and now only 4 that i kept .. i guess i came to realization i can get a great enjoyable shave on a sensible budget where back a few years ago i had to have the newest $250 razors and $35-$40 tubs of soaps. It can be an expensive addictive hobby if you let it be LOL

SterFry, brit, awk-m4 and 1 other person like this.
  7. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Proraso green was the very first „Quality“-shave soap i ´ve used when i startet classic Wetshaving back in 2012.

At this point i found the lather nothing more than amazing. Nowadays i use the soap not that much because the lather is not quite as good as i get it from other soaps. No matter how i whip up the lather, it is an „okay“ lather but for me just average.

I will use it from time to time just because of „Nostalgia“…:rofl:

Yehuda D, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  8. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Nach meiner Meinung war Proraso Green immer gut aber hatte ich ein Problem mit der Hautpflege. Jetzt ist alles in sehr gute Ordnung damit deshalb habe ich keine Beschwerden. Der Schaum ist reich sowie so leicht anzuschlagen!

Liebe Grüße!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. SterFry

SterFry Well-Known Member

This makes me want to try it. You're talking about Proraso single blade cream, right? You've found nothing that performs better than it?