Proraso Pre-shave cream

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Greg F., Apr 30, 2015.

1. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

He's a good one but I was cheering for my Italian brethren to win his first ever grand slam title.

Paul D

brit likes this.
  2. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

I used the red preshave this morning. I'm not sure if it was that or my second shave with a Gillette Platinum blade but it was super smooth. I know it's too small of a sample size so for the next while I will use it and see if makes a difference.

brit likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Is he young? Perhaps he will in the future. I used to like Joke-a-vitch until I saw him work the crowds with that "stand up and cheer" thing he does.

brit likes this.
  4. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Matteo Berrettini is 25 years old. It was a great run and I'd love to see him win one but guys like Novak, Rafa, and Roger are all on another plane altogether.
    Paul D

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  5. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

I just placed an order for some proraso preshave. I have used it in the past and wanted to revisit.

Now I wait for the mail.

I ordered 6 different scents.

i placed an order from spain, england, and ireland all on the same day...will see which package arrives first to me in NY.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  6. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I have a gift set with the Proraso red pre-shave, cream, and after shave splash that's been waiting its turn since last Christmas. I think I may break it all out before winter's over. I haven't used the pre-shave in years but remember it working ok.

awk-m4 and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  7. jmsodpc

well my first order from abroad arrived today....from england. i got 100 de blades, a preshave, and a couple of razor leather pouches. now i wait for spain and ireland to arrive.

Ijustmissedthe50s and awk-m4 like this.
  8. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Enjoy! What blades and pre shave arrived?

9. jmsodpc

100 asco de blades and rasozero preshave arrived today. I used the preshave tonight and it was a bit more eucalyptus than proraso. Seemed ok. As far as the blades..never used them but it put me over the free shipping threshold and they were on clearance.

Ijustmissedthe50s and awk-m4 like this.
  10. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

The Proraso Wood & Spice balm is awesome! Scent is a bit different but has very good staying power for a balm. Proraso pre shave i have not tried but used to use Noxema cream which was suggested as a cheaper substitute from the Mad Scientist of Wet Shaving (along with Corn Huskers Lotion as a alternative to GFT Skin Food). Have been using Musgo Real pre shave soap as well as a few others including a homemade pre shave soap and they seem to last forever at least the past few years in rotation. Might be time to experiment with some other methods of pre shave to see how they differ from eachother.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  11. jmsodpc

i have used a dozen different types/brands of preshave and i prefer razorock pre barba (which is discontinued)....before that one, my fave was proraso white. i havent used it quite sometime since i bought a dozen prebarba bottles and finally ran out of them so thats why i went and rebought all the proraso preshaves again plus the rasozero preshave which was a new one for me.

i only use the preshaves on my head before i shave in the shower. i dont really use it for face shaving since i have a mirror and can see what i'm doing. the shower is all by feel and the preshave makes things a bit easier for glide to reduce possible nicks and weepers.

12. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Yeah head shaving must be a different experience since like you said you can't see back there, plus the contour of the head is far different terrain than face shaving requiring different angles and skills.

brit and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  13. jmsodpc

Arrived!

The new scents smell great!

[​IMG]

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  14. jmsodpc

just used the single blade blue box....sort of cologne scented...nice but so far i still like the yellow box wood spice better.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  15. Bald N Beardsmen

Bald N Beardsmen New Member

i have tried and reviewed this one on YT. I am really a fan of this one, I get much smoother head shaves with this one!

jmsodpc likes this.