Proraso sapone (green) review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by matthewoli98, May 14, 2019.

1. brit

brit in a box

tonights green shave .. 20190515_183228.jpg

bayercy, Terry, Yehuda D and 4 others like this.
  2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I’m convinced that it’s the reformulation that spoiled it. Until then it was fantastic.

3. KUSTOM

KUSTOM Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Proraso Green is one of my favorites. Of course, there are smaller artisan makers who can turn out a far better product. (I'll let you fill in the blanks here) I'm a sucker for all things Italian when it comes to shaving and I use something Proraso more often than any other brand. Works great for me.

4. brit

brit in a box

myself included. love the italian stuff.. classy ..they are a large company dedicated to wet shaving ,not a big cosmetics company with a small branch of products to keep the men happy..

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    KUSTOM, bayercy and Frijolero like this.
  5. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I used Proraso Green, but I remember it as easy to lather and very slick. It was the soap I had my son use when he started wet shaving, but that was around 20 years ago. He still uses it exclusively. The formulation could have changed since then, I guess.

6. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I tried Proraso Green (tub) for the first time and I like it. The scent isn't overbearing and it gives a nice, cool shave. I agree that the slickness is not great, but it does have some cushion. The matching aftershave had the same properties as the soap. Yes, there are better artisan soaps, but the mild menthol, the light clean scent and decent lather works for me. If I had to grade it, then it would be a B-. It would be an A- if there was more slickness and cushion.

7. KUSTOM

KUSTOM Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    When creating a soap/cream recipe the challenge is always balancing slickness with cushion. Anyone who has gone through the process will tell you it's really easy to trade one for another as you tinker with proportions of different oils. Getting both + a good post-shave feel is the "Holy Grail". I'm always trying to make my next formula better than the last!

BigD, Frijolero, brit and 1 other person like this.