purpose of Talc?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by redorchestra, Oct 3, 2007.

1. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

ROFL....

2. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Weel, I love the Clubman stuff, must be the scent, takes me back in time to a far away place where......err.....where was I?
    Browsing a barber supply the other day I spotted a Marvy #53 Neck Duster and thought "I've got to have that" for my talc, so I bought it. Big mistake,
    it works but loses more horse hair than a VanDerslaugin boars hair dime store shave brush. I had enough horse "hare" to stuff a sofa. Took it back and the remaining stock of five were that way as well. Mr Manager just couldn't understand it, "we've never had a complaint" said he. I had to take a credit because they don't give "cash back". Didn't I pay in cash? He suggested a "duster" with a pink handle and black bristles, it looks nice in his ear! :mad:

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Don't you just love stores like that? :rolleyes:

I don't know why they insist on those type of policies. It certainly doesn't help their business any. I am far more hesitant to shop at those kind of businesses, just because of such ridiculous return policies. Especially, in this day and age when "quality" ain't what it used to be.

4. Crag

Crag Member

I was at Burlington Coat Factory and bought some C&E Sandalwood Talc. It was only $2.00! I have also read the inhalation warning and now only use it to freshen my shoes, but man what a score at $2.00!

I may start running around and snatching up those awesome deals!

5. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I got some Old Spice talc and am trying to decide how to use it, so I thought I would resurrect this old thread (zombies are popular now).

How should I use Old Spice talc? Dust it on following aftershave? Use it in regions I never shave to prevent chafing? Throw it in the air at a public event to make a big dust cloud?

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I have some Pinaud Clubman talc. I sprinkle some onto a bandana, then pat it where I want it - chest, any area I want to keep dry and prevent chafing.

7. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

I only use the Old Spice talc as Aftershave on my face only.;) I apply it just like I do my liquid Aftershave, shake into my palm of my hand, rub hands together, and rub on face until blended. DONE!

http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/applying-talc-after-the-shave.32558/