Qshave & Weishi partner up. Parthenon TTO adjustable.....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, Mar 9, 2018.

1. T_I

T_I Active Member

You had 3 options, standard (Razor with blades), premium (standard + stand and leather protector) and luxury (premium with shaving bowl and brush). I picked the middle for the stand and I don't use a shaving bowl and already have 3 brushes (2 unused) which I like a lot.

I'll have a shave with it today, however, just during unpacking I noticed I liked the way it feels. For my long hands a good combination of the Slims I have. I not sure if I should make a new thread with the review or just add it here. (and work a bit on the photo's, they were raw and automated convert resulted in a tad to light pictures)

Str8on2, RyX, SHAVEWIZARD420 and 2 others like this.
  2. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

I received mine last week. I’ve shaved 3 times with it so far and I’m on the fence about keeping it or passing it forward.

The Feathers did not agree with me so I switched to a PermaSharp. Next shave was better.

I thought I could dial it up to 7 and 9, but the passes became so so. Dialed back to 3 and 5 and had a more comfortable experience.

All in all, the Parthenon is ok...they delivered what the said they would. I did go back to my 6S...I also feel for the money, the Parker Variant is far superior. I just wish it was a little lighter.

I hope others have better results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Just an idea instead of a PIF.
    Start a pass around let a lot of guys try it. I for one would be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blashe and RyX like this.
  4. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

The Parker Variant is a tough razor to top, IMO. It's my favorite DE razor and the only DE I use (I use a SE razor most of the time).
    Nice, honest review. Thanks.

Str8on2 and RyX like this.
  5. T_I

T_I Active Member

I've posted a separate review. (note to admin: didn't find a review section, so posted in this subsection, maybe nice to have a review section? When there is one, please move the post.)
    Personally I like the Parthenon, shaving result is good, even with an old blade. No clue what's the difference between the yellow and black packaged feather blades though, other then 10 blades in the yellow and 5 in the black packaging. As I still have 20 yellows I think I'll stick to them for a while, until I've mastered the Parthenon.

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

You're in the right place. No point in making thing more complicated.
    Same great blades, different packaging depending on the number in the tuck.

T_I and Edison Carter like this.
  7. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

I am soooo tempted to send away for this! My first double edge razor is the Van Der Weishi, and it's still my favorite mild shaver when I'm using a particularly rough blade such as a Shark or a Feather.