Question on Razorock Soaps.....

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Redrock, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

A while back I picked up a tub of Razorock Tuscon Oud (based on some recommendations here). The scent is wonderful. Also, this soap has moved to near the top of my favorites. Easy to lather. Great lather. Slick and comfortable.

My question is....do all Razorock soaps perform at this level? Dollar-for-dollar it is a very good value to me.

Performance wise, what is your favorite? Recommendations?

Thanks much.......

BamaT, Keithmax, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  2. M14Shooter

M14Shooter Well-Known Member

I find Razorrock soaps a great value for the money.I prefer the tallow based ones.But the vegan one preform well .I own six razor rock soaps and their performance is fairly consistent. I would rate them as a tier 2 soap .B+ I think the tallow base ones are worth the few dollars more .I find slight better cushion and slickness with the tallow based one .Hope this helps .

P.S. My favorite is Napoleon. I think its around $10

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    BamaT, Redrock and Spyder like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I just have two(Aqua Shaving Cream/Soap and Lime Burst). I have the same comments about those two as you have on Oud, although I'd say Oud's scent would be more attractive than that for my two.

Redrock, PLAla and Spyder like this.
  4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I'm a fan... I'm on my 3rd (4th?) tub of XXX now and I've used a few others in the past. For me, performance and value are never an issue with RR. So, if you find a scent you like, I say take a chance.

With my latest order, I'm trying the hard soaps for the first time ("What the Puck"/ 3 pack) and I expect similar performance. They are certainly a good price.

5. brit

brit in a box

i have the xxx duro, essential lime , and what the puck lime burst,don marco on there way. great soaps..great prices ,great products overall..

Redrock and Paul Turner like this.
  6. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

I have Mudder Focker, love the sent. Had to buy one for a buddy of mine after he sampled mine (his birthday). I have hard water but it works great for me.

The only issue is be careful of saying it out loud, you may miss pronounce it. Some will gigle, :rolleyes: others may scorn :rolleyes005:.
    tp

Redrock and Keithmax like this.
  7. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I have
    XXX
    Tuscan Oud
    Tobacco
    I love the soaps. The scents are awesome. Tuscan oud is one of my favorites. The XXX took awhile for me to get used to but now I really enjoy it especially when I pair it with 4711. Personally for the money you can’t go wrong with this brand. Especially when they have soaps constantly on sale.. $5-6 for a 4oz tub is a bargain. You have artisan soaps that cost 5x as much.

brit and Redrock like this.
  8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I have What The Puck Blue Barbershop and find it to be high quality. It's certainly terrific soap for the price. I have tried Zi'Peppino and another scent (can't recall) and found the performance of those to also be high quality.

9. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

All razorock soaps perform great for me. I used to switch between razorock and williams for years. My favorite is a toss up between classic and blue barber.

Paul Turner, brit and Redrock like this.
  10. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Italian Barber has several RazoRock soaps on sale right now for Black Friday. The sale is already up. All three What The Puck scents can be bought for $8.50. The individual What The Puck are $2.99. Tuscan Oud is also on sale.

11. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I never could get with Tuscan Our from a scent perspective but it's good soap. I absolutely love their Puros soap. One of my favorite scents ever.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  12. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Razorock uses different formulas in the different models/lines. I have had several downright meh-performers and several top ones. Beware... they are _not_ equal.

jwr3265, Paul Turner, brit and 2 others like this.
  13. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I don't see them as top tier, but for the price they are very usable. Never tried one that just wouldn't work.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  14. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

My only experience with Razorock soaps is the 3-pack "what the puck" soaps. I have to say that these soaps are to performers that lather easily. I would not hesitate to try other soaps from them

15. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Ive got an older generation XXX and Son Of Zeus and newer generation Don Marco, For Chicago, For New York, and Al Sapone in the newer Super Formula (Lanolin and Shea Butter). I also have the What The Puck trio and while all work well the newer generation soaps with Lanolin and Shea Butter definitely have a better post shave feel and IMHO can really hold their own against the more expensive artisans. The only ones that I haven't tried are the glass jar SMDF and Dead Sea. But both of those also have lanolin in them so I'm sure they are great.

brit, Redrock and Jorvaljr like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

the don marco i just received is the shea butter/ lanolin one. i m looking forward to trying it out..

Redrock and Linuxguile like this.
  17. Ska SF

Ska SF Member

I love RR scents but the soaps are second tier in my opinion. The exception would be XXX- that one works really well for me.

jwr3265, feeltheburn and Redrock like this.
  18. Paul Turner

You mean, in that some are 3X-milled, and some aren't?

Redrock and Linuxguile like this.
  19. Paul Turner

(I'm glad I got some "likes" for my post-I admit I got a little too fancy at the finish :).

Redrock likes this.
  20. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

No, some of the older RR soaps use different soap bases. Some use tallow, some are completely vegan, some have lanolin, etc.