Question on rules

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by Shotwell, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

Is it against practice or policy here to have a thread about misidentified razors found on Ebay or elsewhere?

I just thought it might be fun to show pics we have found of listings that were WAY off. You know, like a ball end tech being listed as a Fatboy for $150? I run across these quite often, and thought it might be a good discussion topic if it isn't against rules or anything like that.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

As long as there are no links to live auctions, I think it should be OK.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  3. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

That's what I thought but the only rule against linking to live auctions I can find is number 11 in the Marketplace rules. I don't believe there is a general rule against linking to live auctions, as I think there should be.

4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It actually is a general rule.

5. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

It seems to me that the spirit of that Rule 11 is to prevent someone selling an item ON EBAY from linking that auction on multiple sites such as this one. In other words to
    prevent "I am selling this, go to eBay and bid on it".
    AYK ,TSD marketplace is not an auction site, and items posted for sale are to be clearly priced with no "shoot me an offer" type of pricing.
    IMO, linking to a ridiculous eBay auction in which I am not selling, what's the harm other than the juvenile "hey look at these idiots " type of thing? I can be as juvenile as the next guy, in fact, SWMBO would claim I embrace that behavior. I think photos of ancient, scum encrusted razors selling for megabucks is humorous.

Shotwell and Radiotube like this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

This is something that the moderators have discussed & agreed upon, for this topic. My response was intended to clarify the rule.

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.