Razor/brush/soap stand.

Discussion in 'Special Projects' started by DiggaDog, Sep 2, 2018.

1. DiggaDog

DiggaDog Active Member

I made this to tidy up my bathroom.
    It's 8mm thick acrylic.
    The razors have been taken out of the small acrylic stand and now sit upright as per the Ikon on the left.
    [​IMG]

The Fatboy has been sold, the Ikon died (head rot), and only the Mamba left (but a Game Changer arriving to keep it company).

[​IMG]

Those little acrylic holders the 2 razors are sitting in are available on ebay or Aliexpress. Normally used for e-cigarettes apparently. I cut that one down to 70mm wide to hold the razors.

Need a plan for a project?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You could use alloy for a more 'Industrial' look?

Drill some 15mm holes through the plate and just drop your handle down there to hold it?

Hope this 'inspires' some of you.

jtspartan, dmshaver, Keithmax and 4 others like this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Nice job, and it is used for e-cigs.

3. DiggaDog

DiggaDog Active Member

Yes, that small acrylic stand sitting on the shelf is an e-cigarettes stand. May be called a 'Vape Stand'. They make a great wee stand for razors. You need something about 70mm wide, so I cut down that one (was 90mm wide). It's easy to do as the 2 sides are only separated by 2 acrylic rods about 12mm diameter. Cut down to size, and drill a new hole in the end for the wee screw to fit into. 10 minute job.
    Here's one
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Slot-Acr...476687&hash=item3affe0ee5d:g:n7MAAOSwd4tUEMzq

dmshaver and Keithmax like this.
  4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title