Razor identification help

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Straight razor dandy, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I need some help identifying a razor. I have provided all the pics that I have below, but since it is not in my possession, I cannot give more. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_20170423_004855.jpg

2. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hi, it looks like a pre-war Gillette Tech head, and some other brand handle. A frankenrazor.

Screwtape likes this.
  3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I second the Frankenrazor thought. It looks like a "Triangle Tech" head, and a unknown handle. Or, it all could be an unknown knock-off of a Gillette. Keep us posted, when it come in.

4. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

These were kind of my thoughts as well, but it is the handle that is throwing me off. Gillette did make some experimental handles (which would obviously be awesome if that's what this is), but there are also tons of knockoffs...And also the frankenrazor possibilities.

I didn't pay much for it, so I'm good either way, but I'm hoping for the best.

5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I'll go with a Gillette Tech head and unknown handle.

6. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

As others have said about the head pieces, Gillette Tech or clone.

The handle is either from a Norwalk Long Life Razor or a Speedway Razor. Can't see the knurling in the photos above as they are so blurry. When you receive it, compare it to the images below (click the image for a larger version):

Norwalk.png Speedway.png

Norwalk:
    25112011-0016.jpg

Speedway:
    s-l1600.jpg

Bookworm and jimjo1031 like this.