Razor personalities (a stupid thread, on purpose)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by gorgo2, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Macktheknife

Macktheknife Active Member

I knew this guy. Only it was the Econ Dept.

wristwatchb, brit, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  2. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

:happy097:

gorgo2, wristwatchb and brit like this.
  3. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Charlie - I'm confused. I don't know many accountants who ended up with the cheerleader. Did I miss something in this guy's history, or are you just modeling this story against the improbable, but real-life story of @clint64?

gorgo2, wristwatchb, brit and 2 others like this.
  4. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

My Fatip Grande MK1 Version 1 (whatever). The super macho guy that free-climbs sheer rock face cliffs on the weekend and really looks the part with superb style and classic lines to his profile. And everyone you know talks about how smooooooth he is and how effective and efficient he is. Somewhat of an Old Type, not very Technical at all, his aggressive behaviour is what makes him a "take charge" kind of guy that always "gits 'er done" with almost no effort, and how could anyone not think he was just the greatest ever. In reality, he's a boorish unrefined bully that has a poor tolerance for anything less than perfect attendance and leaves many folks red-faced who've had anything to do with him. Once I've had a visit with him, I can't stand to be near him for days. I've tried to like him, but he just rubs me the wrong way I guess.

BigD, Eeyore, Frijolero and 4 others like this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Chinese plastic Super Speed knockoff at Dollar Tree:

A down on his luck guy. He's not a bum but most would dismiss him as one at a glance. If you look closer, though, you can see he's tried his best to dress himself up with the meager means available to him...fairly clean, hair long but combed, clothes used and mismatched but neat. Yes, he's got his issues but he wants a chance to work...maybe only for a week or so before he gives out, but he will do a fair job while he's around. Or he might surprise you and stick with it indefinitely, you just can't know.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Keithmax, BigD, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Slim Twist/Knack:

Born to a proud legacy, he unquestionably bears resemblance to his forebears but lacks their solidity and substance. They wouldn't disown him but would be quietly ashamed of him, yet pity him because that's just the way he's made. He can't help being a dud.

Keithmax, BigD, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  7. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Gillette Mach 3;
    The early 20s guy hanging out in the club. Clueless on life, but loves his shots with funny names, like Monkey Brains and Surfer on Acid. He's broke three to five days before payday, but always has enough cash to go the club and try to hit on THOTs. If he ever makes something of himself he'll be a walking #METOO moment.

Gillette Fusion;
    That young techie who loves the latest and greatest. Waits in line for the latest Apple product. Pre-purchases software before it comes. Everything has to be the latest and greatest, but overlooks all the bugs in the firmware and software. Has never talked to a girl face to face.

Keithmax, gorgo2 and brit like this.
  8. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Rockwell 6s = [​IMG] Solid and dependable.

brit, Frijolero, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Cutthroat razor and plain water instead of lather
    1.jpg

brit, Frijolero, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  10. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Gillette Tech - all American, no nonsense, been there, done that and kicked a few butts along the way![​IMG]