Razorock Lupo

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by colekingx, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Since I just flipped(threw away)my only Phoenix,, I'll get another sometime. I didn't know Phoenix had an unscented soap.

2. Zed117

Zed117 Well-Known Member

I’ve been shaving exclusively with a Gamechanger .84 OC for the last two years. It beat out my Karve, Charcoal Goods, Rex Ambassador, ATT Windsor and so many others including some of my favorite vintage Gillette’s.

Is the Lupo (having similarities to a Wolfman) better than a .84?

and if I liked the .84 OC and SB, but found the Jaws too harsh, and the .68 too mild, which Lupo baseplate would you recommend?

Ron R likes this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I have the RR GC.84 and the Lupo.72 and I prefer the 2nd Generation Lupo.72 because it is easier to load and unload blades, great blade clamping design, great for under the nose area and I can use any of my favorite blades in the Lupo .72 razor and get stellar results. There are a lot of reviews out there on the 2nd Generation Lupo's that should confuse any one considering. There is not a lot of difference in blade feel from the RR Lupo.72 & .95 from my observations and readings. Very good razor, the price just recently went up a little like every thing else.

4. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

How is the Lupo SS .95 OC in comparison with the SB? Is it really THAT much smoother? I have read several reviews that said, that the OC is smoother than the SB…for me personally i don ´t think that it can get any smoother, but prove me wrong.

Thinking of buying the OC head, so i am interested in your thoughts.

Ron R likes this.
  5. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

Lupo .95 SB that i have been using and i can not imagine how the OC could be any smoother, i am so satisfied with the SB that i am not even going to try the OC

ChiefShaver likes this.
  6. ChiefShaver

I am intrigued by the OC…but i would wonder if it get´s even smoother than the SB. But i think i will pull the trigger and buy it. Not in the near future but i will do…:rofl:

7. ChiefShaver

Update: ordered the .95 OC head yesterday in the Black Friday Sale…:love029::love055::love029:

slim6596 likes this.