RazoRock Plissoft in stock now

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Linuxguile, Jan 21, 2016.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

That Monster produces a MONSTROUS amount of lather so easily. A most delightful brush! :happy088:

youngunn, KLF and Robyflexx like this.
  2. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

The RR Plissoft has become my favorite brush in the den. I like the bigger knot, holds a lot of lather, and feels great on the skin.

Robyflexx likes this.
  3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Last year I was on a synthetic buying spree. I owned just about every newer type/design there was. Then, honestly I kind of lost interest. I have thinned them down considerably, but the Plissoft stayed. I think it is probably the best value in a synthetic brush on the market, bar none.

BigCabDaddy and Robyflexx like this.
  4. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I need to get one...

Robyflexx likes this.
  5. BigCabDaddy

BigCabDaddy Well-Known Member

What?! That's crazy. I wonder what's going on with that. Here, shipping stays the same until you fill up the box. Very weird.

Marverel and Robyflexx like this.
  6. BigCabDaddy

I haven't yet made the jump but I sure understand what you're saying. It's such a weird situation for me: I think synthetics to be the best all around shaving brush, but now having experienced others, I just don't enjoy them as much.

Robyflexx likes this.
  7. BigCabDaddy

Are you saying that's the way it is with a synthetic? At least in the winter here, it's 2-3 days with a boar and as I say, synthetics you can use the next day.

Robyflexx likes this.
  8. PickledNorthern

The cool part is that synthetics are cheap. I honestly am not a brush snob, but once I started to feel like brushes were a more (most) important part of my shave, I started to sell steel to pay for hair. When I actually bought a DENSELY filled badger, with some of that scrub, I was really kinda done. [Drops the mike...]

I am not saying that shavers can't like a synthetic; they are smooth and lather like a $#%^. I am not passing an opinion, I am just saying that once I started shaving with high end badger smooth, it became my first choice. Period.

9. PickledNorthern

That was total funning on folks, and I should have left a smiley or something.

10. gzp

gzp Well-Known Member

Sounds like a serious AD!:sad027:;)

Robyflexx likes this.
  11. PickledNorthern

Yeah. But this AD was a long time coming/building. Brushes and soaps are what makes wet shaving fun for me. I sold a ton of razors to stay cash neutral (mostly) and buy brushes I had on my "someday list".

Now it is "bucket list" stuff.

Robyflexx likes this.
  12. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

It's the same here in Germany with national shipping (and also international up to a certain point). I can fill a box with goods up to 500g and send it to the US for $4, from 500g to 1kg it's about $8.
    But international shipping costs with USPS (and apparently Canada Post as well) rise proportionally with volume and weight. Every inch in width/height and every ounce makes it more expensive.
    They have these international flatrate boxes, but those are priced even more expensively.

13. MetalHead88

MetalHead88 Well-Known Member

I picked up the monster after reading all the positive feedback here.

To anyone interested in buying just 1 item from italian barber - buy from them on ebay. Their shipping is much more reasonable for single items.

14. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I just bought the Plissoft, it was cheaper on Italian Barber and the shipping was the same as on eBay. I paid on Italian barber with PayPal, so I still had protection. They are now out of stock for this model.

[​IMG]

15. Shawn Hackett

Shawn Hackett Member

I purchased both the 24mm and the 26mm. Thus far I've been using the 24mm for close to two months and have noticed light shedding (three or four strands). The brush lathers extremely well and I look forward to many shaves with it. I would like to wait for another five months or so before I open the 26mm to try out but I may not be able to restrain myself for that long.

16. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

See below on what's available and what's not available for the RazoRock Plissoft Brushes ;) from the Italian Barber Website

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Robyflexx and BigCabDaddy like this.
  17. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

I drug my feet and then found out this morning that the one I'm interested in is out of stock. Oh well. I can wait.

18. MetalHead88

Mine came in the mail today... I see why they call it the monster haha. This thing is a beast.

19. MetalHead88

So after using it today, I've decided that I like the monster quite a bit. The brush is far softer then I am used to and doesn't hold water as well either.... but with a few extra dabs of water, once you get the lather going - it's awesome. It's very different then my omega boar brush, but in a good way. I like the variety that it adds in. I strongly recommend it - especially for anyone who doesn't already have a synthetic brush.

KLF, BigCabDaddy and Robyflexx like this.
  20. targa88

targa88 Well-Known Member

Having tried a number of synthetics (Plisson, Muhle, Plissoft) - I have to admit that the Plissoft wins.
    Better backbone than the Plisson (maybe not as soft face feel)
    Backbone better than the "springy" feel of the Muhle STF 25mm.
    I purchased both the 22mm (Disruptor) and 26 mm (Monster).
    Disruptor is the right size for face lathering.
    Monster wins for doing the dome.
    I actually prefer the Disruptor handle over the Monster. (might have to put the Monster in a different handle).
    Face feel and "backbone" are similar on both models.
    Forgetting about the economics of these two brushes..they jump to the head of the class for overall performance.

Robyflexx likes this.