Razorock Snowman

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by MBShaves17, Aug 18, 2018.

1. MBShaves17

MBShaves17 Member

My razor and blade collection is where I am happy with it, so now exploring brushes. I posted another thread about a badger I just put together, but I also just acquired a Razorock Snowman; my first synthetic. I sometimes face lather, sometimes bowl, but mostly hybrid; start in bowl then face lather. I used the Snowman for the first time today. Loaded some Pre de Provence, transferred to bowl and proceeded to whip some lather up. Took more effort than using boar or badger and I was leery of result. However, the second that brush touched my face, wow! Lather exploded with zero effort. The brush is insanely soft. It glides and lays down some YouTube worthy lather. The best part? These things are dirt cheap, IMO. Got mine through Italian Barber. Actually used their eBay store as the shipping was cheaper there than on their site. Looking for a good Tuxedo synthetic? Take a look into a Snowman.

RyX and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I'll take a look, but alas, you forgot the pics.
    Looks man, we love pics.
    Show that exploding lather.

RyX likes this.
  3. MBShaves17

MBShaves17 Member

Unfortunately I didn’t think of posting about until after the shave. Guess I was stupefied by the brush. Seriously, the thing is sweet for the amazingly low price! A Tuxedo knot on its own cost what this brush costs.

RyX likes this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I've always found that using a synthetic brush makes lathering so much easier, either face or bowl or palm. YMWV

MBShaves17 and brit like this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Not a bad looking brush for about $10.00..............

snowman-sharpversion_copy_large.jpg

MBShaves17 likes this.
  6. MBShaves17

MBShaves17 Member

It’s very interesting because they behave so differently. I thought for sure it was not going to be too good, but once I got going it just took off.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  7. MBShaves17

MBShaves17 Member

It’s crazy cheap. If you were to buy the knot and get the cheapest handle you could find, you’re over $20 even if you already have two-part epoxy.

jimjo1031 likes this.