RazorockS

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by brit, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Tue, Jan 5th 2021

Razor: Razorock Game changer .84- MFG.2018,nice mid range combined with a Kai SS.
    Blade: Kai SS (1) excellent DE blade that is sharp & smooth with excellent longevity IMO. Good to have a few tucks!
    Soap: Razorock Lavender- it might be discontinued, nice scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi artic sky 24mm knot, excellent lather creator, heavenly cloud like soft tips with good backbone for a scrub.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea Balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my RR GC .84 + Kai SS wider blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Aztecmike, BigD, Droo78 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20210106_223919_20210106224436984.jpg
    January 7th, 2021

Brit. NEW RFB 2-piece razor
    7 O'Clock SharpEdge
    Jayaruh #411 synthetic
    Razorock Tuscan Oud
    shave soap & splash

Ksblazer, Ron R, brit and 2 others like this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD , Fri, Jan 08th 2021

Razor: Everready British streamline 2nd generation model-Mfg 1949-53 Excellent upper mid range razor, beautiful razor & well made.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) excellent blade, very sharp, smooths out nicely with great longevity, also predictable IMO.
    Soap: Razorock Santal Marie del Fiore- nice scent with excellent lather qualities, good post shave feel today.
    Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo 24 mm knot, "Sagrada Familia" excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips and a nice scrub if wanted.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my ER Streamline with a coated Gem blade.
    (it does not get much better)
    [​IMG]

4. brit

brit in a box

awesome rr shave and pic Ron.my favorite scent..have a great weekend:cool:

Ron R likes this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary, all the best to you.

brit likes this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I have that soap for use in the spring&summer. My Stoylin Glacial Lime A.S. is a nice compliment to it.

brit and Hembree like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

sunday shave
    canadian prewar tech
    nacet
    sunspot synthetic
    razo-rock

[​IMG]

Ksblazer, Aztecmike and BigD like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

monday shave
    canadian prewar tech
    nacet
    wcs boss synthetic
    razor-rock

[​IMG]

BigD and Aztecmike like this.
  9. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20210110_113833.jpg
    January 10th, 2021

1934 Gillette Aristocrat
    Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge
    TOBS S376 Super Badger
    Razorock - Son of Zeus
    shave soap & splash

10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Just borrowed this interesting chart and thought it might help folks thinking about buying Razorock razors down the road . I guess Joe(owner) put it out but I can not find it.
    Must be on Instagram or some where else, it does not mention efficentcy but it is still a good reference. There is always going to be opinions so it a reasonable estimation & and of course I have my own opinions.
    RazoRock_Razor_Scale_-_Revised_-_Stacked_-_Final_1024x1024.jpg

Droo78, BigD, GatorJoe and 4 others like this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Sat, Jan 16th 2021, Just received my new 2nd generation Stainless steel Razorock Lupo .72 razor & thought it would be nice to give it a test. I like to just do a 2 pass shave with pick ups with a mid range razor with my standard blade for testing is a Gillette Astra SP (1). The razor is nice to hold and is a impressive looking but how does it shave?
    For the first shave it did a excellent job with just a standard Gillette blade and results hit my sweet spot CCS,DFS,BBS so I'm a happy camper. Alum block never lies and it really did not register much of anything either. So to me it is a Excellent razor for 1st impressions!

Razor: Razorock 2nd generation Stainless steel Lupo .72 SS- MFG 2021, mid range and built very well and not over aggressive with a low head profile that will appeal to some. Great DE razor for upper lip area. Very impressive Great razor IMO.
    Blade: Gillette Astra SP (1) A real good blade, Sharp & smooth and use it for testing any new DE razor(my Standard) to gauge performance. Good longevity also.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandal wood cream- nice scent and excellent lather qualities, good bargain at Fendrihan.
    Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24 mm knot- Excellent lather creator with heavenly cloud soft tips with some back bone for scrub & lather painting.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on my cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Alum indicated not much at all = [​IMG]
    Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala Bayrum + sandal wood + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]Excellent shave with my RR 2nd Generation Lupo .72 + Astra SP blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Good reporting, Ron.

Ron R and brit like this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Paul, 1st impressions were good alright on the first shave.

brit and Paul Turner like this.
  14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday shave Jan 17th 2021, having a little fun with the New Razorock Lupo .72 2nd Generation razor, Still testing the mid range non threatening easy to use DE razor. Not sure how they engineered this shaving jewel to get great results and still shave with comfort. I thought I would put the razor through some more paces and performed some buffing, also J hooking and of course the Lupo slide [​IMG] (Gillette slide) for those who are not familiar with that manoeuvre. The razor passed those manoeuvres with no issues and so to me it is a winner if a person wants a solid mid range easy going razor. I think it could be a daily driver easily for my beard type but only on day 2 of at least 7 consecutive shaves! I could have a grail razor but still would get bored and use some of my many other razors (40 + razors as if I need another one, this will be last one[​IMG]). I have three Razorock stainless steel razors now and it is just as good or possibly better than the lot, time will tell what I reach for the most.

Razor: Razorock Lupo.72 2nd generation -MFG 2021, excellent mid range with all the charteristic of a good razor head. Easy to handle and manipulate on the face. Smooth and very efficient IMO.
    Blade: Gillette Astra SP(2) it is my standard blade for testing and comparing any other blades. Sharp & Smooth priced well also. Good longevity.
    Soap: Razorock XXX- great clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm- This synthetic is my oldest synthetic brush used and has soft tips with a nice back bone for a scrub & a good lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]Excellent shave with new RR Lupo.72 + Gillette Astra SP blade.
    [​IMG]

15. brit

brit in a box

awesome Razo-rock set up and pic Ron,happy sunday..:cool:

Ron R likes this.
  16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary, you have a great day.

brit likes this.
  17. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20210117_180935.jpg
    January 17th, 2021

Ziglar oc slant
    Schick Plus Platinum
    Frank Shaving G5 synthetic
    Razorock - For Chicago
    shave soap and splash

18. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Cool razor. Is that something that is still in production?

Aztecmike likes this.
  19. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Ron R and BigD like this.
  20. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Aztecmike likes this.