RazorockS

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by brit, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary, hope you have some great shaves.

brit likes this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD Sat, May 09 2020, looks like a Razorock shave, it was a good deal for Italian barber when I made a account with them when I first started Traditional wet shaving.
    Have purchased a lot of nice products over the years from them and EBay.
    They have good products like other suppliers.

Razor : Razorock Game changer .84 - Mfg 2018> good mid range on the milder side depending on blade used.
    Blade: Gillette Silver blue (4) hard to beat this blade for DE shaving IMO. One of my favorites of a few good ones!
    Soap: Razorock Lavender- I like the scent and has excellent lather qualities IMO.
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm - A very easy brush to use with great results.
    Pre shave: shower, brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + A dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch Hazel + a small dollop of Nivea men sensitive balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minnor irritation + 1 tiny chin weeper = [​IMG] excellent shave with my GC .84 this morning.

SOTD, Sat May 9th 2020 (2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

3. The situational shaver

The situational shaver Well-Known Member

Don’t know about their soaps, but if they’re anything like their razor heads, they’re probably nice.

Ron R likes this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MicroMaticMonday, May 11th 2020, Good morning with a hint of frost on my deck.

Razor: Gem Clog Pruf (Peerless model, 17 nib safety bar)- Mfg 1945- very nice mid range razor with good results.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (5) great blade, very sharp, great longevity and smooths out after a few shaves.
    Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea" nice scent with good lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi timber-wolf 24 mm - just a great brush to use with tight packed fiber and soft tips - i'm spoiled.
    Pre shave: brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + clean up.
    Post shave: Razorock "The dead Sea" aftershave with witch Hasel + a tiny dollop of Nivea Men sensitive balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem Clog Pruf.

[​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

brit likes this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

fine shave and pic Ron,have a great week..

Ron R likes this.
  6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary and have a great day.

brit likes this.
  7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, WED, May20th 2020

Razor: Ming Shi 2000 adjustable -MFG 2016> This razor is a clone of the Merkur futur, have not used for some time!
    I read on this forum this fellow always goes upwards in his adjustable razor settings, with this razor I always go 3 then 4 then 5 & it works out OK, just testing his theory over a few years, curious type [​IMG] !
    Blade: Personna red (4) I like this blade in certain razors, great results usually.
    Soap: Razorock Irish Countryside, mild scent with great lather qualities. RR XXX aftershave good match.
    Brush: Yaqi rainbow with brown whiskers 26 mm - this brush is awesome on the face with it's soft tips.
    Pre- shave: Shower + brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + cleanup.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a small dollop of Nivea sensitive balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BsS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Ok a shave with the big head Ming Shi 2000.

SOTD, WED,May 20 2020 (2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

fine shave and pic Ron..

9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary.

brit likes this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

thursday shave
    mamba
    7 oclock black
    400 synthetic
    santa maria del fiore 20200520_151858_edited.jpg

KUSTOM likes this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Great photo Gary,I like how you emphasize your photo,s with the yellow place mat. Your aftershave has a yellow bottom and top with the light transfer.

brit likes this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Sat , May 23rd 2020.

Razor: Razorock Mission(Yin)- Mfg 2016?> best $20 Canadian I spent on a Mid range razor. Very good results & looks like EJ DE 89. It was one of my first razors I bought new and it works even better with my newer Pre-shave routine.
    Blade: Gillette 7 oClock (Black)super platinum(1) One of the better blades Gillette makes IMO, Sharp & Smooooth!
    Soap: Razorock Don Marco- Great Citrus scent with great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Timber wolf whiskers 24mm- great brush for making lather with soft tips and some back bone, will splay.
    Pre-shave: Shower + Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on beard.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + clean up. (who needs menthol with cold water, just kidding.)
    Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver [​IMG] aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea sensitive balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Razorock mission(Yin) razor.

SOTD. Sat may 23rd 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Mike-R41 and brit like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

thank you Ron..
    awesome shave and pic,have a great weekend..

Ron R likes this.
  14. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

Just got PIF’ed this from a FaceBook friend image.jpg

Ron R and brit like this.
  15. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

I love Fine Fresh Vetiver soap and splash. The AfterShave lasts a long time

Ron R and brit like this.
  16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Sat, June 27th 2020- looks like a chose a lot of Razorock products today[​IMG].

Razor: Razorock Game Changer .84- Mfg 2018> nice lower mid range razor.
    Blade: Kai SS (8) (testing) .009 thousands of a inch wider than a standard blade- sharp & smooth characteristics!
    Soap: Razorock Don Marco- Great citrus scent with great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm synthetic "Sagrada Familia" -A very nice small brush that performs very well.
    Pre-shave: brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups.
    Post shave: Razorock Amici with witch Hazel + a small dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] great shave with my RR GC .84, Kai SS blade seems to work well for me in this razor.

SOTD, Sat, June 27th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD , Fri, July 3rd 2020

Razor: Razorock SLOC- Excellent razor- A razor that will give a carefree shave- Super Speed of the open combs.
    Blade: Kai SS (1) (testing) .009 thousands of a inch wider than a standard blade- extra blade exposure. Good for a mild razor that needs a little extra aggression. A little more pricey than most blades- sharp and smooth blade.
    Soap: Razorock >The Dead Sea - great scent + good lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Cashmeer 24 mm - great brush with good lathering and painting strengths, dedicated usually only for my CeraVe soap- upload_2020-7-3_9-0-13.gif sleepy head today.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser. Nice easy soap on the skin and eyes!
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my RR SLOC & Kai SS blade.

DE SOTD, July 3rd 2020  (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

brit likes this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

tuesday shave
    1935 brit belmont 2 piece
    7 oclock blue
    razorock chrome silvertip synthetic
    razorock xxx duro/aftershave[​IMG]

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  19. The situational shaver

The situational shaver Well-Known Member

Ordered a SLOC razor from Italian Barber last week, can’t wait to use it.
    Anyone have experience with it? Please let me know your opinion. Reply’s very welcome.

Ron R likes this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

One of my favorite DE razors, it will take any blade and receive a DFS++ IMO. If you want a little extra aggression for a closer shaver for what ever reason just slip in a Kai SS blade because they are wider than a standard blade by .009 thousands of a inch and will give .0045 thousands per side for a little extra blade exposure.( I get BBS with a Kai SS blade)
    Very nice DE razor, I bought one for my Son a couple of Christmas's ago and he likes it a lot for a cartridge user.
    Have some great shaves!