RazorockS

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by brit, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE, SOTD, Wed, 2020

Razor: Razorock Wunderbar slant- Mfg 2017, great razor, mild touch good technique delivers excellent shaves.
    Blade: Personna red(5) excellent DE blade, sharp and smooth good cost per shave if that matters.
    Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26 mm brown whiskers synthetic, great brush, reasonable back bone, soft tips, good scrub.
    Soap: Razorock Irish Countryside- mild scent great lather qualities for protection and post shave IMO.
    Pre shave:brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups.
    Post shave:Razorock XXX with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse.
    Results:CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated minor irritation+ no weepers= [​IMG] excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar Slant.

DE SOTD, Wed, July 8th, 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

fine shave and pic Ron..cool razor..

Ron R likes this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary, The Wunderbar is a good razor and I like to use it every once and while to challenge my technique. No nicks or weepers and minor irritation indicates my technique is spot on.

brit likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

very cool Ron,like riding a bike...:)

5. The situational shaver

The situational shaver Well-Known Member

Thank’s for the tip.

6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD- like to use my real McCoy Gem 1912 OC every once in a while because it is a great razor, it is milder mid range with good efficiency. This razor is what started Gem to produce millions of improved variant models of the 1912 over the decades and other American.Safety.Razor brand names used this razor head also for sales but stamped their brand on it.

Razor: Gem 1912 OC - Mfg 1912-17, excellent razor, 3 pass with pickups will deliver a close shave for myself.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (6) excellent blade, very sharp, excellent cost per 100pcs, very predictable smoothing out when using.(I like to use a milder Gem razor for the first few shaves to take advantage of the sharpness.)
    Soap: Razorock Don Marco- great citrus scent with good lather qualities.
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm systhetic- Excellent brush for bowl lathering, soft tips, have used it for the last 3 1/2 yrs with enjoyment.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Emperor with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem 1912 OC.
    SE SOTD, Thur, July 16th 2020 (2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

Aztecmike, brit and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

sunday shave
    canadian z-4 fh tech
    platinum
    omega boar
    razorock blue [​IMG]

8. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

9. brit

brit in a box

Droo78 likes this.
  10. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

:thanks:

brit likes this.
  11. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

07-24-2020 The Dead Sea
    20200724_200921~2.jpg

07-26-2020 Mudder Focker
    20200726_094803~2_20200726152128017.jpg

Droo78, Ron R, brit and 1 other person like this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Thur, July30th 2020

Razor: Razorock Game changer .84-Mfg 2018> - Great razor combination with Kai blade .
    Blade: Kai SS (3) great blade, sharp & Smooth with extra width of .009 thousands of a inch for extra blade exposure.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender [​IMG]
    Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf whiskers 24mm, great brush for creating lather with any type of soap, soft tips for painting.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + picups.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender aftershave with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]excellent shave with RR GC .84 & Kai blade combo.

DE SOTD, Thursday, July 30th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Droo78, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

E SOTD,Wed Aug 5th 2020

Razor:
    Razorock Wunderbar slant- MFG 2017>
    Blade: Polsilver SI (3) Sharp & Smooth blade.
    Soap: Razorock Sant Marie del Fiore- great tobaco vanillia scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm synthetic- excellent lathering brush with good soft tips- worth every penny I spent!
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Avon True Gent with witch Hazel + a dollop of True gent balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + some irritation + 1 blemish weeper = [​IMG] great shave with my RR Wunderbar slant.

[​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay safe in these times!

14. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD August 6th
    [​IMG]

RazoRock BBS
    Vintage K-Mart Platinum Plus blade
    DSC Sunrise (26mm Elite Razor Manchurian White)
    Stirling Glacial Lemony Orange soap and AS

Super smooth shaved from the BBS this morning!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD,Wed, Aug 12th 2020

Razor: Razorock game changer .84- MFG 2018>
    Blade: Kai SS (6) Sharp & smooth extra wide(.009 thousands) for better blade exposure.
    Soap: Razorock XXX- Fresh Scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush:
    Razorock Plissoft 24 mm- Great little brush for making lather from any type of soap, good splay,good scrub & soft tip whiskers.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave :Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch Hazel + dollop of Nivea balm on beard area.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no weepers + no irritation = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my RR GC .84 with a Kai SS blade.

[​IMG]

Have some great shaves!Stay safe in these times!

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and Droo78 like this.
  16. jayjacque

jayjacque Well-Known Member

For Razorock I've got a Lupo DE head which I love, XXX Splash, Lime Soap and Splash, Lavender Splash, Lil Peppino Soap - Give them all an 8 and 1/2 out of 10. Amici Splash, kind of an all purpose slightly grapefruit scent, give it a 7 or 7 and 1/2. Same with Puros Splash, only used once or twice, but so far it might also get a 7 and a half. The only one I don't know what to do with is The Stallion Splash, So frickin' strong, don't know whether to try and water down or mix with something else or sell. Couldn't return it, since it would cost as much to ship as it's worth. At least it didn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Ron R like this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I found the Stallion to strong also(Cologne), gave it to my Son, not sure how he likes it. Try some witch hazel 1:5 ratio might help.

jayjacque likes this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Thur, Aug 13th 2020

Razor: Gem Junior 1912 parade with taper baton handle-Mfg 1943, excellent razor and l like the handle very much.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (5) excellent blade.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea - excellent scent with great lather qualities, I have to load the brush a little more to get that excellent creamy lather.
    Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm synthetic - excellent brush for creating lather with soft tips.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem jr 1912 with taper baton handle.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!Stay safe in these times!

Ijustmissedthe50s, Droo78 and brit like this.
  19. jayjacque

jayjacque Well-Known Member

Hey thx for the advice for The Stallion. I have some Thayers I’ll try. About the Dead Sea scent: Is it to die for or just pretty good? I’ve already got 50 soaps and scents. Don’t need another one, but I’m a sucker for a great scent!

20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sorry not getting back sooner, I like it but some might not care for it. I like the Santa Maria del Fiore more for some these reasons now because it has a nice tabacoo vanillia scent (not over powering) with excellent lather qualities. Both are winners but don't drop the jar they come in on your toes because they are built to last & are heavy.