Received random compliment on The Veg

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Darkbulb, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Best....Veg-Video....ever.

Pinauuud...

SDK, Bama Samurai and Bird Lives like this.
  3. DEfettish

DEfettish Well-Known Member

Not to sound like my teenage daughter but OMG LMAO.

Bama Samurai, Bird Lives and Darkbulb like this.
  4. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

Just got my first ever bottle of the Veg and I have to say I think the legend doesn't quite live up to the actual product. It is a bit of an unusual scent, but I like it. I do see the play dough association, but definitely not smelling the urinal puck/cat pee note. To be completely honest, I smell a green veggie smell with a hint of floral lilac in the background. It is unique, perhaps a bit odd even, but it is a good scent with some interesting history behind it. I'd definitely carry it into battle with me :)

5. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Yeah, I especially liked the cat herders (and I'm a fan of the Veg)

6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Let me start by saying, I'm a fan....
    So who here thinks the Duke, John Wayne didn't have his act together?....Well I guess some of you probably know, the Veg was his signature scent....I'm a fan aswell...I especially like it when first splashed..:happy108:....The Lilac is undeniable...I think when I wake up the next day and the first thing I smell is The Veg.....well thats my least favorite phase of the drydown :sick007:...

And the time I spilled a little in the hall while splashing on the go...and a visiting friend was ready to leave and we couldn't find her dog....yep! You got it....Fido was upstairs rolling on the rug where I spilled the Veg....But hey,....who doesn't want to have a little animal magnetizim going on ?

Even disenters must admit though,... this stuff works, it's been doing it's thing for longer than any After Shave, and 'Dark' is living proof it's still working.....:happy096:

I do dig using the Veg in an AS Cocktail with Clubman Vanilla and Aqua Velva Musk.....Don't dog it til you try it....}8^))

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    Bama Samurai and Darkbulb like this.
  7. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

I just had this thought: maybe nursing homes don't smell of stale urine. Maybe it's just one or two residents wearing Lilac Vegetal. We have empirical evidence it's popular with elderly women.

richgem likes this.
  8. Bird Lives

Spoken like one who wasn't chosen......:happy097::happy102::happy108:

Bama Samurai likes this.
  9. MarshalArtist

Were I "chosen," I would politely decline…

Bird Lives likes this.
  10. Bird Lives

My friend, I will defend to the death, your right to dig or not to dig any scent you chose......:happy088:

Bama Samurai likes this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Life can be a matter of taste. Choose wisely.

12. razrmnky

razrmnky Active Member

I've got to find a way to smell this stuff. I've heard way too much about it. Buying a bottle sounds too risky.

13. SDK

SDK it's his fault

Dogs and other predators roll in the urine of prey species to mask thier scent. You are not helping your case here :D

14. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Buy a bottle. It's relatively cheap as far as aftershaves go. If you find the content offensive to your olfactory senses, take heart in knowing there are fellow TSD members who are willing to take a bullet would offer to take it off your hands. :p

SDK likes this.
  15. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

And if you're not feeling as charitable, I hear that it can be used to repel deer and other woodland creatures from flowerbeds, shrubs, and gardens.

16. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I found you have to let the Veg breathe after putting it on. It goes on strong but reallllly mellows out and is very nice. I'm going to use it on my next shave now.

zec668, SDK and Darkbulb like this.
  17. MarshalArtist

Habituating the smell does not mean it has mellowed. Just because the assault…I mean effect…on your nose has caused it to surrender…uhm…adapt doesn't mean people cannot still smell you coming for five city blocks.

richgem likes this.
  18. Bird Lives

Before my gig tonight, after my shave, I first splashed about a cap full of witch hazel....Then a palm full of 75/25 Clubman and Clubman Vanilla....Then a half a palm Of Aqua Velva Musk and maybe 5 or 6 drops of The Veg.....
    I only used a few drops of the Veg because any more and it dominates, but at this strength it brings a very nice floral scent to the mix....

This AS Cocktail is good....Everthing here compliments each other and makes a combined cocktail that is better than anyone of them by themselves....

19. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

I only use Pinaud products and the Veg is my favorite, I like smelling like an old man- I have earned it, I am an old man.

trey06dmd likes this.
  20. DEfettish

DEfettish Well-Known Member

The wife said no, and I kinda have to agree with her. Might be PIFing later.