Remembering D-Day - The Normandy Invasion

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by ObiDon, Jun 6, 2015.

1. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

image.jpg image.jpg Remembering those that served, and the greatest battle ever fought. My dad was 101st Airborne and dropped in from time to time all over Europe in WWII. He dropped in a day early behind the lines in Normandy, he was always a little impatient. My Mom was in the Army Air Corps and drove the brass around. She taught my how to drive, which explains a lot. This is a picture of my Dad getting the Bronze Star, and of my Mom with her best friend (Mom is on the right) Thanks Mom and Dad!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Beautiful parents. I am very grateful for all of those who have served and or are serving this great nation. Remember the Heroes!

jamespasini69, gorgo2 and ObiDon like this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Hadn't seen Eisenhower's alternate "in case of failure" letter until this morning.

[​IMG]

"Our landings in the Cherbourg-Havre area have failed to gain a satisfactory foothold and I have withdrawn the troops. My decision to attack at this time and place was based upon the best information available. The troops, the air and the Navy did all that Bravery and devotion to duty could do. If any blame or fault attaches to the attempt it is mine alone."

THAT is a leader.

RaZorBurn123, Rusty blade and ObiDon like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I am not a big fan of war, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. It is a necessary evil. Thanks to the brave men and women of WWII who helped secure liberty for so many.

5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

No one in their right mind is.