Review section question, another one

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by Woknblues, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

for the review section...How about including a "where did you purchase it" line. I realize this seems to be duplicating the efforts of the vendor directory, but actually, when I like something, I get the immediate urge to "buy". This effect is somewhat stifled having to look around for a vendor. Or perhaps vendor tags could be added from a drop down list.

bah, forget it. I probably just ruined all the fun again.

(why do I keep doing this?)
    http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2910

2. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Adding the vendor drop down list would be a near impossible undertaking. There are just so many options out there to have to include in that list that I think it would get out of hand. I'll see if I can think of a way to integrate it, but, at a glance, i'm not sure. The software is somewhat limited to using predefined choices. I would recommend all to mention where they bought the product, until/if I can figure out a way to make something work.

3. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

That migh very well be the easiest option for everyone involved. We could turn this into a rule - the bottom line of every review stating a source where to get the item (wherever possible, of course)

4. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Seems to be a simple solution and makes sense.

5. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

When I am scanning reviews on a product, and I finally decide on something, I am kinda stuck on what to do next. Of course, I could go onto the "vendor sticky" in the shopping section, but actually, many vendors dont' have more than a general introduction to their store. a simple address line would suffice there in the review section, having no weight for the rating..

OTOH, what i really meant by vendor tags (in the vendor section) was something like what you see in blogs, where you add tags to a post. Then, when you click the post, you get a compiled list of posts with that tag included. This would mean adding tags to the original vendors list as well, but that would only take a few poor souls an hour or so. Of course, the site has to support the software.. such as for TSD for example, they would get "aftershave" tag, a "shave cream" tag, a "shave soap" tag, ... then, when you click onto "aftershave", you will get "TSD", "QED", etc. , but not say "Classic Knives" in your query. Just ideas. I really like this site.

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Maybe it's just the cold meds talking but...............huh? :confused: