RIP

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Racso_MS, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

Have any of you ever had a RIP (Retired in Place) problem??? I can't seem to get motivated after the holidays and my little medical problem, which, BTW, I'm doing fine (physically). But I just don't feel like doing anything. OH, I'm working my butt off at work, and I'm getting the job done, but the enthusiasm I used to feel just isn't there. I haven't even felt like engaging or posting on the forums which I normally can't wait to do when I get home. I'm retiring from my current position and will be starting a new job (hopefully) around June/July time frame. Looking forward to the new challenge but the workload in my current position is doubling and I was hopeing to sort of cruise my last couple months on the job. Not happening, plus I have to train my replacement when they finally get him/her in place. Not much leisure time involved.

Have any of you experienced this and is it a normal progression. Hmmm!!! :rolleyes:

2. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Oh yeah, I suffered from something like that back in 2002. However I tried, I couldn't muster any energy at all. I think it was the symptoms of burn out syndrome. If it is, you will need to give this time. Don't force it, let it heal! If you force it, it will probably spiral downwards. See to that you're amongst friends and people that you care for, and they for you.

Take care!

3. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Oscar,
    I think most of us have been there at some point in time. I've been doing the same job for 38 years and I have moments like this. You've been ill and even though you feel better you may not quite be up to speed. You're also thinking about retirement and slowing down a bit and you're not. All little factors that I'm sure contribute to how you're feeling. Perhaps the change that's coming up will provide that kick in the butt that you need. Until then take care and listen to Johan. We do understand!

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I didn't see this thread at all before now! :confused:

I'm sorry to hear you are having a rough time, Oscar. Hope you feel better soon.

5. denmason

denmason Uncle Dennis

Sounds like you're crashing after the highly spirited holidays. The infamous January Burn-Out. Many people suffer from this every year. All the holiday excitement, parties, shopping, family, and pressures of getting that perfect gift stuff........... Then........ it's over...:confused: You are BURNT OUT. Not to worry, the holiday season will be back before you know it!!! :rofl And it'll start all over again.

6. fritz

fritz New Member

Urgent - Action required

Oscar, sounds to me like you're suffering from PRDT -- Post Razor Disquisition Trauma. This is brought on by your decision to sell off a huge portion of your razor collection (the non-Merkur razors).
    The only thing that will cure this is an antidote of RAD. So figure out which Merkur razors you don't have, and rush out and order them immediately. Preferably in gold. Or gold and chrome, too. :D (Don't forget a couple of nice $200 str8 razors, too.) Fix you right up.:happy108