Rockwell Model T

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Sabre, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Boaz1123

Boaz1123 New Member

...I would be more inclined if it were =ALL= stainless...too much otherwise

2. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Current estimated ship date for a Model T is April 2019. That's well past their current promise date to backers of February. My guess is they'll soon announce a new backer ship date of April.

Spang likes this.
  3. Trigger

Trigger Well-Known Member

I believe it will be April 2020. Lol!

Spang and Hembree like this.
  4. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

In this mornings e-mails I got an e-mail about order confirmation.From Rockwell. So maybe I will finally receive my razors. I hope that if they are half the quality of the Rockwell 6S Razor Set they will be a good razor.
    The waiting game is coming to an end.

RyX, Trigger and Hembree like this.
  5. Trigger

@PatrickA51 Good for you! Were you a backer or a preorder customer?

PatrickA51 likes this.
  6. PatrickA51

A backer on Kickstarter. Backer number 1,689.

Trigger likes this.
  7. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

The Model T automobile was slow, too.

RyX, brit, BigMark83 and 2 others like this.
  8. Trigger

I didn't like the nonsense they pulled by announcing that they are shipping everything thing out in February. I emailed them last month to get a firm date when my preorder will be shipped. They respond by using kickstarter and indiego backers' dates, but they don't say anything about preorders. When I "purchased" the T at the end of September, a tentative ship date was end of December. Now, on their getrockwell site, if you buy a T today, it is shipped in April. What kind of cow cookies are they throwing? It probably means that maybe I get the T in April. That's 4 months past the original ship date and 7 months since I placed the order! I bet I won't see this razor until the end of the summer at the earliest.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  9. PatrickA51

@Trigger
    Don't get me started on the BS I think these clowns need to be prosecuted but then again there are probably a lot of people out there that feel the same. But the bottom line is no one twisted my arm to get me to back this project. I have backed several projects thru Kickstarter . And have not got the products. And basically there is no recourse. It's like putting dollar bills in a slot machine. :angry019::angry017::angry032:

brit, Frijolero and Trigger like this.
  10. Trigger

Today, I just received an email from them concerning my Model T. They stated that all the Kickystarter and Indiegogo backers will get theirs next month. The preorders will receive notice to confirm the address at the end of March and then they will ship them out in batches. Since I am preorder number 15000+, I guess I won't get it until after Memorial Day. Lol!

11. PatrickA51

@Trigger
    I will believe it when I see it or it's in my hands. My Rockwell-T Razor. They said that we would have them in October along time ago. I am beginning to think we all should donate a couple of shovels so they can muck out the cow pins. :rolleyes005: :shocked002: :confused:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019 at 7:26 PM
    Trigger likes this.
  12. Spang

Spang Member

Yes. Just as @DesertTime predicted, the projected delivery dates have been pushed out, yet again. As recently as one month ago (January 20th update) Rockwell said this:

"There are three major sub-assemblies: the adjustment dial, the one-piece T-bar and doors, and the TTO. This week, we will be completing all three major sub-assemblies for all 8,000 razors - which is a major milestone!"

Then in the same update, they said this:

"Based on reallocating the majority of our team to these final assembly steps, we are on track to complete all final assemblies and quality check steps in February, for all finishes."

So which was it? Did they complete assembly of all 8,000 pledges and pre-orders the week of January 20th, or was it "in February"? The answer, of course, is neither, as they are now saying that delivery will be "next month" (meaning, I assume, March) for pledges, and sometime after that for pre-orders. Perhaps they subscribe to the principle that two lies make a truth? In keeping with their ongoing pattern, the most recent KS update provides no shipping progress numbers or timelines. So, we really have no idea where they truly are in the process.

I do understand that with a crowdfunded project, things don't always go as planned. As a project sponsor, honestly communicating these setbacks is not fun, but it is what a good, honest business should do. But in this campaign Rockwell has instead chosen to engage in a deliberate pattern of over promising, intentionally misleading, and advancing outright falsehoods. Their current false promises are just the latest in the litany of disingenuous conduct that has characterized this campaign. Regardless of how good the razor might be, these guys are off my list.

13. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

They changed the date for pre-orders to April several weeks ago, knowing they were slipping the February commitment. Yet, if you look over their posts from the time they changed the pre-order date, you'll see they still promised they were "on track." This is not something new, but a pattern that's been obvious for two years.

Spang, Zed117, Trigger and 1 other person like this.