Rockwell Model T

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Sabre, Mar 16, 2018.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

I own a few 2nd or more hand razors myself. If those early folks got one, and parts to fix it, then a whole 'nother razor there may be some V1.0 or 1.1 (repairs in place) hitting the BST's. Those R41's had a similar history and many shavers are actively seeking the early ones for the increased efficiency.

Trigger and Jorvaljr like this.
  2. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Finally showed up. The Model T from Rockwell..........

C241CFA0-1554-49F0-9D1C-DC11C333674F.jpeg
    AB3B9A6A-2260-4502-99C9-B45570734A38.jpeg
    274BE8E2-B80C-4B01-A835-3145E46945D9.jpeg
    49BFE097-54DF-49B8-AB5D-5920AE41D4F5.jpeg
    56CB7EC0-325C-4585-A0E0-A46F98560445.jpeg

Substantial feel to it. Very smooth TTO action to be honest. Looking forward to giving this razor a go for a few shaves in the coming weeks. A full review to follow.......

RyX, Trigger, Tdmsu and 6 others like this.
  3. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Trigger and brit like this.
  4. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

If only it were all brass...

RyX, Trigger, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

:D

BigMark83 likes this.
  6. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Below is the reply I got from Rockwell Razors. I did get my Razors but not the Razor stands that I ordered.I would take a picture but I can't find my digital camera. I can find mt 35mm film camera but not my digital.

Hi Patrick,

We're sorry about the missing stands. We'll queue up a new shipment for them. Or if you'd rather get a refund for them, we can also do that. Please let us know.

Sincerely,
    Onassis
    The Rockwell Razors Team

RyX, Trigger, Str8on2 and 1 other person like this.
  7. PatrickA51

Trigger, Hembree, Str8on2 and 2 others like this.
  8. PatrickA51

See below the BS I got from Rockwell today:
    Hi Patrick,

I think I figured out why you were not sent the stands. You ordered the Brushed Chrome finish but that finish did not actually materialize in the final production. The stand finishes that have made production are White Chrome, Gunmetal and Stainless Steel - although the White Chrome finish is currently out of stock.

We can send you either the Gunmetal or Stainless Steel stand. Or, we can also send you a refund via PayPal if you'd rather have that.

Sincerely,
    Onassis
    The Rockwell Razors Team

brit, RyX, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  9. Str8on2

Thanks amigo... :happy088:

10. Str8on2

That sucks. Are you going for the refund or just going to opt for one of the other finishes?

brit and Trigger like this.
  11. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

@PatrickA51 and @Str8on2, I am glad you guys received your Model T's. Patrick, that's a shame about your stands, but at least, they are giving you choices. I am on the preorder list which means all the Kickstarter and Indiegogo backers receive theirs before I get mine. God only knows when I will get mine. Lol!

brit, RyX, Str8on2 and 2 others like this.
  12. PatrickA51

Here is what I sent to them this morning and their response, at the bottom:
    ---- On Mon, 1 Apr 2019 21:36:00 -0400 "patricka51" wrote ----
    I want my product that I paid for. You people are the worst people in the world to back on Kickstart. As far as I am concerned I want all of my money back the initial $175. For the 2 Rockwell T Razors that I paid for the backing and the $89.95 that I paid for the 3 add-on items.for the inconvenience of having to wait almost 3 and 1/2 years! And I keep your Razors, but that will never happen. You people are scam artists as far as I am concerned. Send me the Stainless Steel Stands.

Hi Patrick,

Please excuse Onassis (new team member) as it appears he found and referenced a piece of very dated information, but it was not accurate.

We will be sending you the Brushed Chrome stands next week as soon as this item is received at our fulfillment center. As mentioned in the Kickstarter comments (I believe it was you who I was responding to), this was a brand new product that was delayed on its way to us, and we're just preparing to pack and ship them next week. Again, sorry for splitting your shipment in two like this, but we did want to get the rest of your pledge shipped for you ASAP so as to not cause further delays.

Hope that works for you! Please let me know if there's anything else that we can do to help in the meantime. The Brushed Chrome stands will be on their way next week.

Thank you for your understanding, Patrick.

All the best,

Grigori
    Rockwell Razors

I still think that they are like a "Christmas Goose!"

RyX, Str8on2, BigMark83 and 1 other person like this.
  13. PatrickA51

You're not just whistling dixie with that comment.
    As far as I'm concerned they are a bunch of scam artists.

Str8on2 and Trigger like this.
  14. Str8on2

I don't blame you one bit there brother. That is a complete and utter FUBAR if I've ever seen one. Good for sticking to your guns and letting them know your extreme disappointment. I'd of given them both barrels too....

Good luck my friend.... :happy088:

Trigger likes this.
  15. Str8on2

Ugh.... Don't know what to tell you. Maybe a prayer? 5 Our Fathers & 3 Hail Marys to perhaps appease the Devine powers that be?
    You sir might have a long wait ahead there....:(

Hang in there..... :confused:

RyX likes this.
  16. Missing Lynx

Missing Lynx Well-Known Member

Unless you happen to be Jewish, then that would translate to 5 Oy Veys and 3 meshugina's.

RyX, PatrickA51, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  17. Str8on2

LOL!! :happy102:

Elohim ya’azor li :angelic007:

Trigger likes this.
  18. PatrickA51

ROLFLMAO:happy097::happy108::smiley respect::happy108::happy097::happy102::shocked003::shocked002:

19. PatrickA51

Below is my reply to an e-mail I got from Rockwell Team

I will believe it when I have them in my hands, You had better think of something to give to the backers that didn’t receive their complete orders because you don’t want disgruntled backers getting on forums like The Shave Den or Straight Razor Palace Forum or Badger & Blade Forum or The Shave Nook ! Word of mouth will ruin you and your dreams.
    Patrick

Hembree and Trigger like this.
  20. PatrickA51

Here is the e-mail I got this morning, again I will believe it when I have the items I paid for in my hands.

Hi Patrick,

Just wanted to update you on this - we're receiving the Brushed Chrome stands at our fulfillment center this upcoming Thursday and should have your Brushed Chrome stands shipped shortly after.

Thanks again! Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Grigori
    Rockwell Razors

Trigger, Hembree and brit like this.