Rockwell Model T

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Sabre, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Just jump on it. If it doesn't work out for you, there will be plenty of interest on either the b/s/t or the bay. You have nothing to lose really. And if it works for you, win-win......

Tdmsu likes this.
  2. montieg

montieg Well-Known Member

Delivery is August. I've seen how late they are for their backers. That could mean next year.

3. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Where did you come up with the August date? It looks reasonable given how long they've been in full production and how few razors they've actually built and shipped. By their own admission (reading the postings) as of the last week in March, they claimed to have shipped 100 razors. Either the process is very slow or they haven't been in full production and assembly as long as they've indicated.

4. montieg

August delivery was what they have on their website.

5. DesertTime

Oh. The Indiegogo site still claims May for pre-orders. But you're right, their website does say August 2018.

6. montieg

It's things like that which make me sceptical to sign up for a long wait

DesertTime likes this.
  7. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

WTF!!! No reviews from our Canadian brethren??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

montieg likes this.
  8. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

The reason why we only have 2 reviews of the Model T ( 1 on Reddit and 1 that's shady on the Rockwell site) is because after they sent out very small batch of Model T's to very few Canadian backers, the backers reported that the Model T has issues with the blade gaps being uneven.

As of now they have stopped shipping the Model T in order to see where the problem is at the assembly line, at least they think that's where the problem is. So Model T is not shipping at the moment until they find the problem and fix it.

montieg likes this.
  9. DesertTime

If you look closely at the photos they posted when everything was a go (January, I think) you can see a difference in blade gap from one end of the razor to the other. The size of the razor is too small, in my opinion, for that apparent difference to be attributed to the angle of the photo. I was surprised they would post that photo.

In their defense, I do believe they are trying to produce an exceptional product, but as I mentioned before, they're plagued with design issues. As much as they want us to believe they're "production and assembly issues," they are not.

montieg likes this.
  10. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I wish them well no doubt, but I'm glad I jumped ship long time a go and left the KS

11. DesertTime

I left as well, to less than a full refund as they often claim. I do not want to get into all the reasons I left as I don't want to start a flame war with my friends on this forum. People will believe what they want to about Rockwell because they have varying levels of experience with the company and know them better than I do. And that's cool. I have no regrets about leaving, but I would like them to produce a modern, decent TTO adjustable as it's good for the industry. But in honesty, I think the Parthenon has a better chance of beating them to it at this point.

12. Str8on2

Very well said there my friend. And unfortunately, I have to agree with you and @blashe concerning this ongoing predicament with Rockwell...... Disconcerting to say the least.

Tdmsu likes this.
  13. Zed117

Zed117 Well-Known Member

Such a shame. I love my 6s, perhaps in another year they will sort it out, but at that pricepoint...

blashe likes this.
  14. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

The in store price point is a whole other can of worms that needs no opening

15. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Ditto.

16. Str8on2

I did the same thing last year and got my refund. But, guess what? Once I saw and started to BELIEVE that they would come through, I buckled, again and purchased one through the secondary Indiegogo site.

What can I tell you? I’m a glutton for pain and misery.... :angry032: :lam: :angry021:

Tdmsu and DesertTime like this.
  17. DesertTime

We'll come out with our own line of razors for folks like us:

Mild: The Sissy
    Aggressive: The Masochist
    Open Comb Slant: The Sweeney Todd

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  18. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I've decided to bow out. I'm still waiting to hear if I'll get a refund.

montieg likes this.
  19. DesertTime

I thought I might pick one up after they were on the market for a while and had all the issues resolved. But then I saw they set the market price at $195 and gave up on that idea. My Parker Variant is a truly great razor (IMO), made of similar materials for almost 1/4 the price. TTO is nice, but not worth that kind of premium to me.

Tdmsu and montieg like this.
  20. Str8on2

You get no argument from me there.

Hey, you might be onto something there..... ;)