Rocnel SE review(s)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Yeah I need to play around with it for a bit more as there is a bit of 'good resistance' when moving the blade fully into its safe resting place that makes it a bit trickier without those tabs to hold on to. We'll see :)

Spyder, Redfisher and PLANofMAN like this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I saw it in a video once.

RyX, Spyder and Darkbulb like this.
  3. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

Ok so worse case scenario if that is possible but can be a headache, we know from another user on DFS forum that had no issue if the tabs are unbroken, actually he said he noticed no difference between shaving with or without the side tabs. Worse come to worse we can always break off the side tabs on the last shave of the blade. None the less let us know how it goes when you try it out.

Redfisher and Spyder like this.
  4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I don't think I would recommend shaving with the tabs still on the razor as I see a rather big risk of cutting your nose and/or ears when shaving around them.

I see it as four possibilities - after having snapped off the tabs as soon as the blade is loaded;
    a) keep it there for as many shaves as you want - then take it out and replace it,
    b) take it out after every shave to clean the razor and blade - and then find a safe way to re-insert it, and/or
    c) take it out after every shave to clean the razor and the next day insert the other half of the blade (so you get two shaves/blade that way)

I'll be trying for 'b' tomorrow morning.

Spyder and Redfisher like this.
  5. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

It might be of interest especially to those that missed out on the pre-order window to know that the Rocnel SE razors will be sold through http://www.extrashaving.com/ once the fulfillment of the pre-orders are completed. I don't know at what price.

6. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

well the B option is what we all wonder about, but you haven't shaved with the tabs on either, give that a shot and see if they bother you while you shave. you are our test bunny lol

RyX, Redfisher, Spyder and 1 other person like this.
  7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Shaving with tabs on I will leave to someone else to try out ;)

Redfisher and Spyder like this.
  8. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Awe give it shot. Your ears and nose are too big anyway;)

Halvor, barbersurgeon and Darkbulb like this.
  9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Lol!

This is not something I'd like to have left on the razor as I slide it down next to nose/ear :D
    [​IMG]

PickledNorthern, Redfisher and Spyder like this.
  10. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

You have my vote

Spyder likes this.
  11. AndyH_STi

AndyH_STi New Member

And to me, the final price is the big question mark at this point. For $25 I'm all in for a purchase. Heck, I'd probably be willing to pay up to maybe $125 for it. But if the final pricing is $295, that is a bit much to ask IMHO. I'll be interested to see what the final pricing comes in at.

12. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

don't worry, on my way to hire a professional slide down the pole dancer to teach you how to slide LOL

Spyder likes this.
  13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Most likely closer to $25 than $125 :)

14. AndyH_STi

AndyH_STi New Member

That would be fantastic!

Spyder likes this.
  15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Yeah the $125 price was an owner selling his razor(s) on eBay and had nothing to do with Rocnel or Murat.

16. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I'm going to say again that I hope my preorder is valid!,,

17. Redfisher

The jet is spooled up and the team is ready to remove this razor from your house....

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    Spyder, Darkbulb and Robyflexx like this.
  18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

19. Redfisher

You might want to go to a hotel tonight but pay cash and get a room in the back on the ground floor. ......

barbersurgeon and Spyder like this.
  20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

You my friend got it baaad :)