Rolls Razors....which is the preferred model?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by MikekiM, Feb 22, 2011.

1. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

I don't have alum.. never thought I needed it :confused:

What does rubbing your fingers on it do? Give it some friction?

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Yes, exactly. While not required, it does help.

3. Denabeth

Denabeth New Member

Thanks for the information on Rolls

I joined just to thank you but am thrilled to be reading and learning so much. My father recently gave me a Rolls and a web search really didn't provide me with any kind of accurate information on what I had. Thanks to this thread I now know I am the proud owner of an aluminum (not nickel) approx. 1952-1955 (blue lidded) Viscount Model Rolls Razor.

4. supertool

supertool New Member

Can any one tell me what the grit size of the Hone is on a rolls razor? Cant fine replacement stones maybe half of all of them are broke and need replacement, but I have a replacement in mind.

gorgo2 likes this.
  5. Stoffies69

Stoffies69 New Member

Hi there. I don't quite know if this is the right place for me to ask this, but I need someone to give me a valuation on my Rolls Razor. It's an Imperial #1. Everything is in good condition with a razor and extra blade in a silver plated box. It also has its booklet (warranty) which is in good condition and 2 original pamphlets that came out with it. It is still in a case which is black on the outside and royal blue on the inside. If someone can please help me with this I will appreciate it a lot. Kind regards Veronica

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    gorgo2 likes this.
  6. JACKNASTYFACE

JACKNASTYFACE New Member

""Go for the steel cased Viscount/Nickel plated..usually Ser#CSXXXXX""

7. paul M

paul M New Member

Good info, Found out (don't know where) the name of the inventor/ first manufacturer was a Mr Vincent. I cannot believe in this day and age its so hard to find out anything about Rolls.

8. Jabez 58

Jabez 58 Active Member

Hi it's 12k
    Gra