Rome

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by msandoval858, Feb 23, 2007.

1. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Anyone else following this HBO series? The acting and writing have been awesome this season and I'm totally hooked. Something to hold me over until the Sopranos come back :cool:

2. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Is that the one done in conjunction with the BBC? There was a season of Rome shown over here last year. Not sure if there is more than one season being made.....but that one was very good. The Gladiator sequence near the end....make the Movie "Gladiator" look like a kindergarten class!

3. Baron

Baron New Member

No, I never really got into it. I have the first season on my computer but never got through it...

4. Frankenface

Frankenface New Member

I think the show is incredible and does a wonderful job explaining how the different classes lived. There's even a shaving scene or two in the series.
    -Fred

5. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

I do not have HBO, but I did notice the first season is on DVD at my local blockbuster. I'll have to check this out.

6. Zachster

Zachster Member

Its the same series. My understanding is the season 2 will air on the BBC this summer (it started a few weeks ago here in the U.S.).

I am hooked on this show, as well, although I thought last week's battle scene could have been longer -- the two battles of Philippi took over 4 weeks!

7. jmhUT

jmhUT New Member

Yeah, the series is put together quite well but they skipped a ton of stuff in season 2. I think becuase they did not initially plan a third season. I've heard rumors that this error has been corrected but I don't know for sure.