Ronson distinction thread

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Old School, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    I'm finding nothing on the interwebs really regarding identifying Ronson razors. So I'm starting something.
    I happen to have two of them and looked them over pretty closely. There are only a few differences I've noticed between them.
    The most obvious thing is how the handle is attached to the base of the head.
    Notice in the pic the large disk vs the little bump... also notice one is factory plated, the other not.
    Both razors are in great condition, and I don't believe it to be plate wear. I believe they're simply different.

Does anyone have any good info or can link to a source? Anyone have a different one? [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

2. alesmv

alesmv Member

3. Rob72

Rob72 Member

Beautiful! I've never owned a Ronson, tho' so I can't answer your question. I believe I would agree, it does look like a production generational change.

I have heard of people using them with 1/2 of a Moderna DE. Have you used yours?

4. Joshua223

Joshua223 Member

I don't think I've seen that type of razor before. Thanks for posting. I'll have to learn more about those.

5. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Plenty, it's actually rather mild scary as they look lol.
    I tried the 2 injector blade thing... finicky to line them up, I don't like it.
    I put some scotch tape on a modern DE (holds the geometry and keeps it "one piece"), then snip a V in both ends.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

brit likes this.