Rooney Heritage Series

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Bronco, Nov 27, 2007.

1. NiksaNovovic

NiksaNovovic New Member

Hello gents! I love my GOSH Heritage! This is now my go to brush. It`s so perfect that I will soon be parting ways with my NOS Plisson in EW. This `heritage` hair is quite something. The tips are not truly white, but really creamy. The backbone on these is just superb, the tips are soft and the balance is perfect. I have tried this thing with both soaps and creams and I have no complaints. I can`t speak for other models but this one has a handle that feels more solid and sturdy than my style 1 size 1. And this sucker is DENSE! Overall this is an amazing brush! I would highly recommend this one especially as the money goes to a good cause. This heritage hair is some unique stuff. Now I just have to order some of the others :mad: man at this rate I`ll tie Peter for number of brushes!

Warmest regards, Niksa

edit; I suppose that I would have to post a link if you gents want to see this brush! http://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/shaving/shavemyface/shavemyface.php

2. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Hiya Niska, thats a beautiful brush, glad you are enjoying it.

Steve

3. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Very nice brush. THat was one of the limited editions if memory serves me right

4. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Niksa,
    Very nice looking brush and glad it's worked out for you. The more I hear about the Heritage series, the more interested I become. :D

5. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Here's one I've heard good things about.
    [vbpg]1064[/vbpg]
    The Rooney Heritage "Emillion" is a handmade brush with a lathe turned, hand polished handle in Imitation Bone. It is made of 100% "Super" Silvertip Badger. Overall brush height: 110mm, Handle height: 60mm, Brush Loft: 50mm, Knot diameter: 24mm.

For some reason I'm really getting into the 50mm loft. Could be the last 2 I bought right? :cool: I like the handle being a little longer as well. Anyone got a 20% off coupon? :D

6. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

I think Ive been hearing the same things as you :rolleyes:
    I thought you looked familiar...jfl something or other, isnt it?

7. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

That would be jslfl, rikrdo. :D

8. rick

HA !!

:rofl

9. rick

cant....stop......thinking.......about............ ..the

Emillion :o
    Somebody please tell me they aint that great !!

10. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Frankly, I'm not too excited about the handle shape...or it's color. Or it's price, for that matter. Supposed to be a nice brush, but there are lots of nice brushes out there.

Good luck! :cool:

11. Churchill

Churchill New Member

Vintage blades has had a hard time keeping the Emillion in stock so I finally broke down and bought the Alibaba.
    I bought the small one just because I wanted another small brush.
    I also have the Rooney in Super 3,1.The heritage has more backbone and even softer tips.The best of both worlds!
    This brush moved to the number 1 spot in my rotation.:D

12. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Man, I'm glad you posted this!! If the Heritage has more backbone than the Rooney in Super 3,1, I just saved a bunch!! I have the same Rooney and it's a bit too stiff/dense for my taste. I had considered a Heritage, but now, I think not. At least not THAT one!

By the way, Rick, the Emillion is back in stock at both Vintage Blades and The Gentleman's Shop. :cool:

13. rick

Thanks.....I know

You talked me into waiting awhile on this one :eek:

14. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

I'll give you a report on the Emillion tonight :)

15. rick

Keep me in mind when you want to trade it ;)

16. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

My Emillion arrived today. :D This isn't a review, just first impressions and a couple of pics.
    This is a whole lot of Badger. Dense but in no way stiff. The quality of the hair is very nice; similar to my Polo 8 Best, there's just more of it. I lathered it 3 times, (creams and soap) and shaved with it tonight. I'll review it after we've spent a little more time together but the first shave was Really good.

Right out of the box:
    SN150105.jpg
    SN150107.jpg

After first use:
    SN150112.jpg

Next to the Polo 8 for scale:
    SN150114.jpg
    More to follow

17. Pen-in-Hand

Pen-in-Hand New Member

+1

Hello gents,

Just joined this board. I'm a wet shaver since my teens, but have recently re-discovered brushes, creams and soaps.

I've got a Rooney 3,1 in Finest, a 2, 1 in Best and an Alibaba 2. The Heritage series is the best of both worlds, very dense like the CH2, but with firmer bristles and very soft tips. The face feel is luxurious, it's appropriate to call this the Alibaba as it transports you to a huge tent with thick pillows and dancing girls.

OK, isn't the last thing enough to convince you to try one?

Best regards,

Jay

18. Padron

Padron Active Member

Great photos Chris!! :drool :drool :drool

Thanks for sharing, it looks great. I eagerly await hearing more of your thoughts.

Thanks,
    Neale

19. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

So wait... "Heritage" is a series of brushes, not an actual brush model, correct?

The "Heritage" series consists of the Emillion, Beehive, and Alibaba? Or is there a 4th brush called "Heritage" as well?

Which Heritage to get? The Emillion handle looks too long, and the Beehive handle looks too weird (to me). The Alibaba looks like a PJ clone.

What to do? :confused:

20. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hi Jason,

Lot of different options here

Good luck on the decision :D

Neale