Royall Lyme Bermuda Ltd.

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Damon, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Damon

Damon Member

Has anyone tried these after-shaves?Link

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

3. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Well....im glad you posted this up. I was interested in the same thing and have no clue about them.

4. Damon

Damon Member

Thanks for the link I may place an order for the sampler.

5. herzi

herzi Active Member

I know Lyme, Mandarine, Bay Thum and Vetyver. Good after shaves with nice scents. I like Mandarine most. Vetyver irritates my skin :(

6. jnich67

jnich67 Member

I think these are very good products (if you don't get ripped on the price. Read - don't buy at Brooks Brothers). The scents are fleeting, but I find them very refreshing as an A/S

Jordan

7. Damon

Damon Member

Stefan, do you find the scent goes away in a short period of time?

8. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

I think Trader Joe uses this stuff from time to time also. Maybe he'll chime in here.

9. herzi

herzi Active Member

10. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I've got the Mandarine and the Vetyver version and I find the Vetyver to last quite long (6-8 hours) while the Mandarine is gone in 2 hours tops.

11. Damon

Damon Member

2 to 6 hours thats not to bad. for what they are asking you would think it would last a bit longer. Must be the fancy packaging we are paying so much for. I ordered the sampler for a total of $22.00 look forward to giving them a try.

12. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Yep, I have the Bay Rhum and the Lyme

Good choice. They are all excellent, but the ones I favor the most are the Bay Rhum (which has menthol crystals as well), and the Lyme. Both have decent staying power and are high-class products. The heavy glass bottle with crown topper are nice touches as well.

Worth the Price :happy088

13. Damon

Damon Member

Thought I would resurrect this one. I've used them for a while now and like the Royal Musk and the BayRhum. I think the last a good 4-6 hours on me. think I may order more Royal Musk.

14. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

I inquired about the Lyme on another site and the consesus was it is good stuff if a bit pricey at $40 for 4 oz. I would like to try them, but personally can't see paying that much for a fragrance of any kind. I love AS's, but they aren't so important to me that I'll drop serious cash. Stephan Island Lime smells just fine to me, and I'm told Booster has a nice one too. Each can be had for 10 bucks or less.

15. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Dude, you need to shop around! 4oz, $20; 8oz $29. For any Royall scent. Here. I have purchased from these folks several times and have been pleased.

They also have a sampler pack of Lyme, Muske, Bay Rhum and Mandarin (10ml each, $15), but that is out of stock at the moment. Comes in a cool wooden crate, each bottle in a "nest" of some straw-like material. Other places have it too, if a bit higher priced. Here, for instance, for $17.

There...Make up for "yelling at you" last night? :eatdrink047

16. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Hey thanks mate. How many splashes can one expect from a 10mL bottle? #$@% metrics. Also what do we make of the disclaimer "made in the USA under license from..." Is it the same formula precisely or do they cheap it down a little. I have no idea/it's a serious question. Thanks again.

17. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

10 ml = 0.33814022701 ounce [US, liquid]. Enough to decide if you like it, I would think. That help? :D

As for the license question, I really don't know. I didn't see any such reference at 99Perfume, but I wasn't looking for it. I bought 4oz of Bay Rhum from Scentiments - and when that ran out, 8 more. I would imagine that Royall wouldn't put up with a watered down product with their name on it.