Russian blades. Two prime factories, owners and location.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Red Rider, Jan 3, 2016.

1. BearCWY

BearCWY Well-Known Member

Looks like my favorite blades come from Mostochlegmash but I like some from both manufacturers. My absolute favorite is Sharp Star blades, getting hard to come by but they are so smooth to me I can't hardly tell there is a blade in my razor except for the beard reduction. And they last 5-6 shaves each for me, YMMV.

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

From the blades I received from the Russian Spring PIF, I can summarize my thoughts of the blades I used...... Rubie blades gave me decent shaves, but with some irritation. Gillette old short comb, ok but some irritation. Flair Tip, better with minor irritation but better in the Slim...... Rapira blades I'll just group them together because they were pretty close to each other. Short comb had good shaves with them and seemed to get better pass after pass. Also pretty much had the same shaves in my Slim...... Sputnik blades did real well in my Flair Tip. At first I didn't even realize if I had a blade in the razor or not. Smooth shaves and irritation free...... Ladas blade I also used in the same Flair tip. Sharp but very comfortable, no irritation and great shaves...... Now to the Voskhod blades. I used it in my Gillette new open comb head on a custom handle and I gotta say, they were the best shaves out of this group. The best BBS shaves I have ever had. Very comfortable, no irritation what so ever and probably the sharpest, if not, at least equal to the Ladas blade...... I used each blade four times for my evaluation and from what I used, I would buy the Voskhod, Ladas and Sputnik blades for my blade rotation along with my Lab Blues. I know everyone has different views about these blabes, but this is how they worked for me, thx.

BigMark83, NCoxSTL and Red Rider like this.
  3. BearCWY

BearCWY Well-Known Member

Have you tried the Sharp Star blades yet? They are my favorites with Voskhod and a couple of the Rapira's following closely

Robyflexx likes this.
  4. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Great to hear those blades all worked well in their own way. The Rubie....yeah....not a good blade in my book. Why do I PIF them? Well, two reasons....number one they're always included in the multiple packs I buy and second....I like to share the pain. As for the rest, yes all awesome and your praise for the Voskhod makes my heart puff up and brings a tear to my eye! Glad you enjoyed them!

BearCWY and jimjo1031 like this.
  5. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

My top two blades come from St. Petersburg, Iridium Super and GSB.

BearCWY and NCoxSTL like this.
  6. abdalim

abdalim New Member

Hello
    We are a company in Sudan - Khartoum
    We are looking for a gillette nacet manufacturing plant for razor blades in Russia. The phone number, e-mail address and factory address
    thank you

7. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Best to contact P&G then; contact details should be on their corporate site.

8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Ladas are pretty good blades, they don't get much love, the Russians do a nice job on blades.

cmorris357 likes this.
  9. abdalim

abdalim New Member

we have a traditional market, and they use the Naset brand unfortunately

10. abdalim

abdalim New Member

So pro can help me to find the factory in russia

11. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

No pro needed; do a simple Google search. Or better; Linkedin.

(I could find the details of the factory in a few minutes, but it's really a P&G rep you want to talk to, and not someone from PPI).

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017