Russian Rocket PIF (straight razor)

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Keithmax, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I'm in because I've never tried a straight....

IMG_0947.JPG
    Kidding;). Great PIF, Keith. :happy088: I'm looking forward to a possible new member of the dark side

Zykris, Keithmax, Pilotcld and 2 others like this.
  2. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Da comrades - embrace the Motherland and the Motherland will embrace you. :eatdrink047:

Not in as I have five Russians already. :happy036:

Excellent PIF @Keithmax. :happy088:

COMPNOR, Zykris, Spyder and 1 other person like this.
  3. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I'm in! I've never tried a straight. I am a big fan of Russian DE blades, so maybe that's a sign this is a good one? Hmm....

Zykris, Karl G, Spyder and 1 other person like this.
  4. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

I'm in. I would like this straight because of the good things I've heard about that type. And also it was honed by the person who I bought my first straight from, he redeemed shaving for me. But what draws me to straights is that it gives me the best results, also the history behind it. Straights make shaving more of a hobby rather than a chore. Thank you for the generous opportunity

Zykris, Karl G, Spyder and 2 others like this.
  5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Good luck to those who enter! Nice work, Keith.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Zykris, AGHisBBS, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  6. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

I'm in please @Keithmax. If I don't like it I will PIF it with some Russian shave cream! Thanks buddy

7. Pilotcld

Pilotcld Well-Known Member

I'm in if you will accept me! This sharp piece of Russian steal will draw me further into the dark side. Last year I inherited my great grandfathers Dubl Duck SR and strop. I have been using it pretty frequently and love SR shaving. If I won't this PIF I would definitely shave with a SR more often (a little worried about messing up my heirloom strip and razor).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. chicagomike

chicagomike New Member

Count me in!! Russian Metallurgy is really second to none--I had the opportunity to try a Russian straight razor on a summer trip to St. Petersburg...and would love to try it as a "daily driver". A lot of Russian steel--including the most beautiful knives and razors originate in Izhevsk...a town which is also renowned for rocket and turbin metallurgy and gun barrels. very hard steel...and impossible to buy here in Chicago. SO..keeping my fingers crossed

Karl G, Keithmax and Zykris like this.
  9. chicagomike

chicagomike New Member

so..part II of my answer: I am drawn to the "dark side" because straight razor shaving has a certain integrity. I have always loved Emerson--and if you have read "self reliance"--you just know
    Emerson would have shaved with a straight razor if alive today. It is you and the shaver. Your care produces the edge and your skill is responsible for the shave. so..kind of like "zen and the art of shaving"...LOL

10. chicagomike

chicagomike New Member

also--I have been shaving with a Merkur--and am just learning the dark art--so...kind of new to this..

11. capsfanx

capsfanx Well-Known Member

Please count me in! I have only been Wet Shaving for a couple of months. Only tried 1ea DE razor so far. I've definitely been interested in trying a straight razor since joining here.

Thanks!
    Jamie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. jmarlow

jmarlow Active Member

I'm in please.

Been wanting to jump into to the dark side for awhile now. The lure to me, is the nostalgia, as well as the quality of the shave that is talked about once you learn the art.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

13. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Just a bump. Yes, I would really love this as I would really like this as I would love to try a straight razor but can't justify the cost. However, I think there are others who would like to take advantage of this generous PIF. Good luck to y'all and thank you to @Keithmax for the awesome opportunity.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Karl G, Zykris and Keithmax like this.
  14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I'm in! Already on the dark side, mostly pain sticks but working more on straights. What draws me to this one? It's RUSSIAN!!!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Karl G, Zykris and Keithmax like this.
  15. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Keep the entries coming the PIF is still open, but no one knows for how long.

Pilotcld, Karl G, cliffb599 and 4 others like this.
  16. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

The mystery adds to the fun!

Pilotcld, Karl G and cliffb599 like this.
  17. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Great PIF. Not is. But to add that rocket is a fine shaving razor.

Good luck to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Keithmax and Karl G like this.
  18. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

Me me me me!

I'm definitely in. I've been eyeballing Russian rocket straights for awhile now, I think it is just cool with the rocket on it.

As for the draw... I find it just more a classic thing, something a true gentleman would do.

Keithmax and Jayaruh like this.
  19. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I'm in looks like a great PIF.

20. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

:git::git::git:

The PIF has ended!
    :eatdrink047::eatdrink047::eatdrink047:

Through a mysterious selection process not even know to me, please welcome @jimjo1031 to the darkside.

@jimjo1031 you have 48 hours to PM me your address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.