Russian Straight Razor Thread

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by DaltonGang, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
    USSR Broctok - 2 Space Orbit Celebration 1/2 Hollow 5/8th
    Hans Baier Silver Tip
    Italian Vitos Tallow Soap
    Logona Mann Balm

I Had My 2nd Shave Today with My Soviet Made 5/8th..One WTG Pass on the Face & One ATG Pass on the Neck & a Dolphin Smooth BBS Result..Two Days of Whiskers Wiped Clean..My Picture above Represents a Typical Two Day Growth Pattern for Me..I have Cast Iron Whiskers & this Russian SR Swipes them Clean Like Butter..:D

This Russian SR has an Surgically Sharp Edge that is Quite Unique to this Very Hard Soviet Steel..It Feels Like a Very Thin Scalpel Like Edge & Feather Like Touch is all that is Required to Swipe the Whiskers Away with Long Strokes...A Top Notch Shaver for Sure..I Reckon I Might be Even Mistaken for a Bolshevik in that Photo..:happy097:

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:kar:

Billy..:chores016:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  2. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Was this picture before or after your stay in the gulag? :rofl:

3. Billyfergie

[​IMG]
    I Done My Motherland Apprentice on Sharpening Soviet SRs in the Gulag..:rofl:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  4. Billyfergie

Here is a Short Vid on this Experienced SR Guys thoughts on Soviet Made SRs..He Holds the Grinds & Steel in High Regard..The Factory Grind on Mine is One of the Finest I have Seen on Any SR..There is a Quick Shave at the End..:)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  5. Billyfergie

6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Looks real nice @mlys7884 . Looks like you picked up The "Red Fever". Those razors are right up my alley. I get into the shave, and history the razor, more than the looks.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  7. Bjoerge Brathagen

Bjoerge Brathagen Well-Known Member

got my USSR SR in the mail today.it was what i will call, mint condition:) so will hone tonight or tomorrow.any suggestions for a finishing stone? was thinking black ark, but since it is a very slow cutter and the steel is very hard that might take forever.

8. Billyfergie

I have No Experience of Natural Stones..The Finishing Hone Shouldn't be an Issue Anyway as the Real Work is Setting the Bevel..In an NOS One You May have a Lot of Cutting to Do on the Bevel Hone..;)

Happy Honing Comrade..:eatdrink047:

CLEMSON TIGER, Karl G, twhite and 3 others like this.
  9. Bjoerge Brathagen

Na zdarovya:eatdrink047:

CLEMSON TIGER and Karl G like this.
  10. Billyfergie

[​IMG]
    Comrade..:eatdrink047:

Billy

11. Bjoerge Brathagen

this is soooooo hard. remind me of a gold dollar i bread knifed and honed on a 8k.took forever.only had a 8k and a 12k at that time.

CLEMSON TIGER, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  12. Billyfergie

Yeah..Just Take You're Time..Don't Try to Force it..I Wasn't Exaggerating about How Hard this Commie Steel is..Its a Challenge of You're Patience for Sure..No Bones about that..:happy088:

Hone for the Motherland Comrade..:happy102:

13. Bjoerge Brathagen

I am absolutly positiv that this is a pice of a T-34:happy097:

14. Billyfergie

[​IMG]
    Da..The T 34 was the Best of Steel..You will be thinking its Hone Resistant..It Will get there..Take a Break & have a Russian Vodka as it Can Take Some Time.. A Solingen SR will be Like Honing a Beer Can After this..:happy097:

15. DaltonGang

16. Billyfergie

17. Bjoerge Brathagen

18. DaltonGang

Вы глупые капиталистов. Вы находитесь в настоящее время часть моей марксистских сюжет, чтобы взять на себя глупо мало умы. Вскоре красоту нашей бритвы будет запомнить ваше лицо, кожа, ваш усами. Тогда вы будете в моем элементе управления. (Вставьте злой смех). Когда закончили y out покупать все из бритвы, вы начнете мечтать или наш плюш, гладкий, красивые старинные Волго автомобилей. Глупо Capitolists. (Снова вставить злой смех)

19. Bjoerge Brathagen

now you just exaggerate :happy102:

20. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Da, it has arrived. My Glorious 1961 Rocket, a Triumph of Soviet Labor and Engineering:

Rocket 1961 open and box.jpg Rocket 1961 up.jpg