Russian Straight Razor Thread

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by DaltonGang, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

:happy096:Another Member of the Great Motherland Communist SR Movement for the Glory of the Worker..Once You Hone her Up & have a Glorious Shave with Her You Will Receive an SR Commie Workers Party Members Badge..:smiley respect:

Billy..:chores016:

2. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

The Glorious Revolution continues Comrades. All eyes on the Motherland! :eatdrink047:

That is a fine looking Russkie you have coming Comrade. Da, well done. :happy096:

3. Bjoerge Brathagen

Bjoerge Brathagen Well-Known Member

Was thinking about getting that one too.obviously i was too slow.
    Congratiulasion with your new commie shaving iron:)

4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

This thing better be good. Or off to the Gulog camps with you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Bjoerge Brathagen

:char039:
    or if you don`t like it you can send it to me,and i can take care of it for you:rofl:

Keithmax, Karl G, DaltonGang and 2 others like this.
  6. mlys7884

mlys7884 Well-Known Member

I'm happy to introduce one of famous model of razor made by STIZ factory in 1950's-"Москва" (Moscow) this model of razor produced in period from 1950 year till 1958 year. There are nice engravings on blades of these razors, I know four different images, you can see these on pictures. Two first view of famous places in Moscow, third one of most famous symbol of Soviet epoch - monument "Rabochiy i Kolkhoznitsa" (Worker and Kolkhoz Woman) also in Moscow, fourth with image of Admiralty building in Saint Petersburg. I have no idea why factory designers made last picture on razor named "Moscow", may be their boss was born in Saint Peterburg and he wanted see image of one of symbols of his native city on this model of razor...anyway these items are very popular, many people try to get these razors for their collections, not for shaving only I'm happy to introduce one of famous model of razor made by STIZ factory in 1950's-"Москва" (Moscow) this model of razor produced in period from 1950 year till 1958 year. There are nice engravings on blades of these razors, I know four different images, you can see these on pictures. Two first view of famous places in Moscow, third one of most famous symbol of Soviet epoch - monument "Rabochiy i Kolkhoznitsa" (Worker and Kolkhoz Woman) also in Moscow, fourth with image of Admiralty building in Saint Petersburg. I have no idea why factory designers made last picture on razor named "Moscow", may be their boss was born in Saint Peterburg and he wanted see image of one of symbols of his native city on this model of razor...anyway these items are very popular, many people try to get these razors for their collections, not for shaving only

DSCN0001.JPG DSCN0003.JPG DSCN0004.JPG DSCN0005.JPG

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  7. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Nice looking razors.

8. Bjoerge Brathagen

One of these are going to go my way:D i hope.

Keithmax, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  9. Billyfergie

Are these Blades 5/8th..:signs002:...I Saw Some of these on You're Site & they Looked More like a 4/8th..It May Just be the Light & Angle of the Photos..:)

Bjoerge Brathagen and Karl G like this.
  10. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Mine arrived today. Off to the hones this weekend.
    [​IMG]

Keithmax, twhite, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  11. Bjoerge Brathagen

Very nice.congratulation comrade:happy088:

mrchick, twhite, Karl G and 1 other person like this.
  12. Billyfergie

[​IMG]
    :happy096:Welcome to the Commie SR Party Comrade..:git:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  13. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Is Most Glorious Comrade. Da, welcome to the Party. :happy036:

14. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

And I've already ordered another. Engraved this time. I have the sickness bad

15. DaltonGang

I picked up my Russian Razor today. It has never been honed. The edge has a flat surface. I have butter knives sharper than this thing is. But, it looks very nice. I guess it's going to be a long day of honing on this, this weekend.

PA190404.JPG

16. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

You are just realizing this. Everybody and I mean everybody already knew this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Billyfergie

[​IMG]
    Yeah..You Look Pretty Bad..:happy097:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  18. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Minty Comrade, very minty. Da, is good and Glorious. Embrace the Motherland Comrade and she will embrace you. :cool:

19. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

You can always open an antique store... :rofl:

twhite and Billyfergie like this.
  20. DaltonGang

Maybe I missed it, but how did you Commie Razor hone up, @Karl G ?