Sample soap storage

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Medicdad417, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Medicdad417

Medicdad417 Well-Known Member

I have several sample size soaps coming and was wondering once you use one what's the best way to store it? Leave it in the mug, dry and put in some storage container, or use it all before moving on to the next one? Or do you have another option.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I store all my hard soap pucks in small Ziploc storage containers. They are cheap, easy to find and label, they seal well and are very stackable. Each of your soaps can have it's own container and you can lather your brush directly from them. :)

3. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

:signs011:

What he said.

4. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Same as I use for my full size soaps, small glass bowls I get at the Dollar store at 3 for a buck. Each bowl goes into a ziplock bag. With over 30 soaps in the rotation, the bag keeps the dust off and allows for easy stacking.

Glycerin soaps get melted to stick and fit, soft soaps get pressed in, some tripple milled soaps fit right in. For those I put a bit of water in the bowl, set the soap in, then press it down once it gets soft on the bottom. Let it dry and it is essentially glued in. On rare occasions I have grated and pressed a soap to fit in the bowl.

I load the brush from the puck in the bowl, then move to a lather mug to whip up my lather.

6. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Depending on the size of the sample I either store it in a ziplock bag or for larger samples or full size pucks I use these
    image.jpg
    I pick them up from specialty bottle for 97 cents each. I either take the label off the sample and stick it on or use a label maker to print out the name of the soap.

wmbjr likes this.
  7. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

Zip lock screw top tubs work very well.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437004430.412166.jpg

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    Spur and wmbjr like this.
  8. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

Curious if you have a free shipping code or if they offer free shipping. I was looking at them for some jars and bottles and shipping was more than the items I was ordering. Love their jars and bottles, but trying to figure out how to do it economically.

9. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Yes the shipping is prohibitive. I believe the last time I ordered they had a free shipping deal but I'm not sure. It's been a long time and I ordered about 25 of them.

10. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

[​IMG]

This is a Barrister and Mann sample, I used it up and reused the container. I could have gotten other containers for the other samples. But I'm trying to have a minimum amount of space.

Plus by sticking to one sample you get to use and enjoy it and really decide if you want a full puck or not.