Sandalwood

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Joey Pellegrino, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

Joey, if you like AOS Sandalwood they have a cologne that matches the cream. I love the smell of AOS. I also have the Proraso Sandalwood but be warned it smells nothing like AOS. From what I have read it smell just like the wood itself. Medium strength scent and very earthy. It's a hard scent to describe. But it's very slick and protective. It's a close second favorite right behind AOS. I think you will like it. Oh BTW it's a scent that grows on you you may have to use a few times, then you'll understand. It's like no other Sandalwood out there from what I've read.

2. BossManBill

BossManBill Well-Known Member

Love the aroma of sandalwood in products, but I don't like how it smells on me. Body chemistry perhaps?

3. LGh

LGh New Member

I tried Taylor of Old Bonds Street Sandalwood today. The works: Bath & shower gel, the deodorant and the after shave splash. I am very, very disappointed. To me it smells a lot like the scented mosquito repellants we use during the summers up north. I realize I may grow to dislike the scent less, but at least the deodorant is spot on mosquito repellant. Like a smell that is intended to cover up something terrible.

Proraso Red = Fantastic!
    DR Harris = Really good, but not on the Proraso level.
    TOBS = Oh, wayyyy down on my scale

Edit: I didn't try the TOBS soap because I really seem to have a problem with hard soaps. Hence my fondness for Proraso.

4. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

another example of YMMV. The first sandlewood I got was TOBS cream and I was a little disappointed when I finally got the Proraso soap version. Not terribly mind you.

LGh likes this.
  5. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

The C&E Mysore Sandalwood is an amazing scent!!! Not in love with the soap though, but the fragrance is wonderful. They make a cologne too that I have been meaning to purchase.

6. LGBLST2013

LGBLST2013 New Member

I love my sandalwood from CS. Smells great and works great. The GWE suggested it.

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

"GWE" ?? Google came up with this:

Acronym / Definition
    GWE Gravitational Wave Experiment
    GWE Global Weather Experiment
    GWe Gigawatt - Electric
    GWE Great Western Enterprise (Swindon, UK)
    GWE Golden WIPF Edition
    GWE Gaussian Wavelet Estimator
    GWE Gesellschaft für Wissenschaftliche Entwicklung (German: Society for Scientific Development; Swakopmund, Namibia)

JRod22 likes this.
  8. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

The problem is TMDA.

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Too Many Darn Abbreviations? :D

FacialCarnage likes this.
  10. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

YEP!!

11. LGBLST2013

LGBLST2013 New Member

LOL GWE=greatest wife ever....new acronym?

Sara-s likes this.
  12. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Oh it's just another TLA.

(Three letter acronym)

13. rweb82

rweb82 Active Member

My favorite Sandalwood scent is Truefitt & Hill. In my opinion, it's amazing! I really love the shave cream and aftershave balm. They also make a cologne (which is on my wishlist). Another one I really like is Pyrate Cove Sandalwood. It's a glycerin-based melt and pour soap. It's only like $3-4 a puck. Worth every penny, if you ask me! I haven't tried TOBS yet.

14. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

I´ve only the the comparison between my TOOBS Sandalwood and my Proraso Sandalwood.

Both of them are very lovely but complete different.The TOOBS is very a very intensive smeller,the Proraso ist more subtle.The Proraso is a little "sweeter" in my nose.

I love Sandalwood scented creams or soaps.They create good mood.:)Both soaps are very great performers.Thick lather with good cushioning and gliding abilities.The only negativ thing is that i can´t use my TOOBS any more...:(There seems to be a Ingrediant in it which my skin don´t like much.After applying it to my face i get red spots and my skin feels itchy.

Now i gave the container to my best buddy.I will introduce him to DE shaving instead of canned goo and cartridge shaving.;)Maybe he will have more luck with the TOOBS.

15. KLF

KLF Doctorin

I'm looking for a lasting sandalwood EdT or EdC. Any suggestions ?

16. Speed

Speed Member

I have Sandalwood essential oil I add to mixtures of witch hazel alcohol and glycerine.A little lavender and or lime sometime.I also love Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood.

17. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Its like you pulled the words out of my mouth. Even the first part, the shops in Sweden dont have alot of variation. I like to touch and smell products I'm gonna use on my face. I cant do that online =P

18. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

Art of Shaving Sandalwood cologne smells amazing. I purchased a bottle of it about a month ago. It is not real long lasting though, 4-6 hours I would say.

19. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Scent really is a YMMV thing. Body chemistry and scent memories play such a big part. I use many scents that I can't stand the smell of in the bottle but love after I put them on and let them mellow. Of course another factor is your net worth. I once heard someone say a rich man could slap on sewer water and still do okay with the ladies! That said I do use TOBS sandalwood soap, cream, AS gel, and cologne. Love the smell of it.

20. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

Try the Caswell-Massey sandalwood shave cream and aftershave balm. They also make a spray on cologne that goes with it. It is incredible. My favorite of all the sandalwoods I have smelled.