Sandalwood?

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Mr. Shaverman, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I would rate the soap a 7/10. Very good, but not super strong. They also make a sandalwood aftershave and Cologne.

I consider TOBS sandalwood soap to be an absolute must-buy for any shave den.

Matt0210, Carbide Mike and simms623 like this.
  2. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

30 ° sandalwood by Royal Shave.

Matt0210 likes this.
  3. Marc D

Marc D Well-Known Member

One of my Favorite Sandlewoods are from Taylor of Old Bond Street

4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Does the soap smell like the cream? I ask, because the cream is more of a fougere, and has very little sandalwood scent.

5. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Interesting to read how many favorites there are.
    Personally I'm partial to D R Harris' aftershave. It's definitely my favorite sandalwood scented product followed by T & H.

6. Marc D

Marc D Well-Known Member

I will admit I like the hard Soap from them better then the Cream, in the Sandalwood. But the Cream is still really good, has a mild cream scent but still has a strong Sandalwood scent .

If that makes sense :)

PickledNorthern likes this.
  7. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I hear you, it's just that when it is only a partial base note, it isn't what I think of as a sandalwood per se. It smells good, I was just disappointed.

8. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Compared to the others mentioned here, IMHO: TOBS stronger (say, 8) than AoS (say 7)which is stronger than the C&E Indian Sandalwood Soap I have (say 5). But it is the only one of the 3 I have that is a hard puck soap. Haven't used the Proraso Red as others have on here, so I can't compare, sorry.

9. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Sorry, forgot to mention in my last post, that I think both TOBS and AoS, while a little different from one another, are both fantastic scents...even though it pains me to say that for AoS (really want to hate the P&G part, but it is a good product!)

10. Gobucks

Gobucks Member

I have a Stirling vanilla saddle wood and it is fantastic.

11. brit

brit in a box

cyril r salter indian sandalwood is nice stuff...

12. Mr Two Bits

Mr Two Bits Well-Known Member

I’m a big fan of all the Trumpers sandalwood products except the bar soap. The body wash is good too, but I use it mainly as a shampoo. Not much lather there but the scent is good. The cologne is absolutely amazing. Not over the top, just perfect. The bar soap I use is TOBS.

13. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I have tried a few sandalwood scents, all of them in shaving creams (well, and one soap). Art of Shaving, Taylor of Old Bond Street, Razorock Santal Royale and Proraso Red. Of those four I thing the AOS is the best. TOBS is very different with more of a soapy background characteristic of many of their creams. Razorock's offering is quite nice actually although I don't find it mentioned much on any of the forums. Proraso is my least favorite. I actually think their Red, White and Blue scents all smell quite similar. I don't detect much sandalwood scent in the Red though.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Paul Turner and RyX like this.