Schick Injector Twin Blade?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Truckman, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Truckman

Truckman New Member

What is this? I came across a metal cylinder, unopened. It was yellow with a green stripe and said "Schick Injector" and "Twin Blade" and also, "Shaving System Included" It looked like a 1/2 size tennis ball container.

It looked in fairly decent shape, $6 on the tag, if anyone's interested.

I've got to learn to bring my camera with me....

billdog2 likes this.
  2. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I remember this somewhere across the barb wired fence and over the shark infested waters.......kind of like racquet ball can? sealed? i cant remember the whole thing but was some kind of promo and not a twin bladed injector though? All the acid fogs my memory:(

3. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Yes, that sounds exactly like it. It was sealed, so I couldn't see inside. There was some more writing on it, but I can't recall exactly what. It led me to believe that is was more like a DE than a double blade. I might have read it wrong though.

4. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

They show up on ebay all the time. I just ripped these pictures from the bay:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are regular injector razors that come with a special twin injector blade but they take regular single blades as well.

5. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Thanks for the pics. I tried goggle images, but couldn't find any. The green one is like the one I saw. So it is an actual twin blade like an Atra or something. Interesting.

6. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

If you can get it for $6.....jump on it now!!!!!!!

7. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

The twin blades are sandwiched one on top of the other. I think they're a cloggy gimmick but many people like the way they shave. One pass and the space between the blades gets filled with hair and since no water can pass through the blade from behind its stuck there.

$6.00 for a NOS Injector is a steal though, you can get regular Injector blades for it.

8. JimR

JimR Active Member

I had a couple of the blades around. They are like two really thin injector blades stacked on top of one another, and kind of offset. They still sell them around here...

9. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Heck, I was thinking of trying to talk them down some...There's a cased Blue Tip SS for $8 (see my Antique Store Score! thread for more details)...I was going to ask them if they'd take $10 for both. :D :D

10. tom myers

tom myers Member

Those blade were introduced during a period while I was using an injector, so I bought some. I was unimpressed with them. As mentioned, they clogged easily so I quickly went back to conventional blades.

Grab the razor though. At that price for a NIB razor, how can you go wrong?

Regards,
    Tom

11. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

I agree, grab them both. That Blue Tip with the case is easily worth 4-5 times that if in excellent condition. And I can give you a few tips on how to make that case look better. :happy088

12. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

Tom,
    I remember using them. You're right, they clogged easy. Schick also made a twin DE blade, Schick 2002. Same problem, clogs easily. Only have about 25 more to use up.:D

13. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I may head back there tomorrow. They also had a chrome cased, chrome Ever Ready what looked to be a 1912 travel (I say that because it looked just like my Gem 1912 travel). Maybe it was SS? Super shiny, both the case, razor, and handle :shocked029 She wanted $12 for that. Maybe I can walk out with all three for $20 or less? :D

14. Hi there,

I could be wrong, but that injector would be a good one to buy. I believe that's gonna be an 'L' type (silver head/black handle), and it's a desirable model. One in mint condition could easily get $20-25, and would be no problem to sell.

Personally, I'd keep the thing. Maybe if you ever get an itch to try one of the better injectors, it'll be right there. I can tell you they are capable of giving an excellent shave. There IS a learning curve to em though.

Heh, quite a while ago I sent Chris some of my favorite injector blades to try. I'd found they were the best of any I'd tried....they were NOS Personna twinjector blades. He was polite, but they just didn't do the trick for him. Yeah, they seemed to clog up, which never was a problem for me. Silly 'hobby' anyway.

So, maybe that'll help you pull the trigger.
    Martin

15. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Oh you're that Martin! Sorry I didn't make the connection with the different user name, I apologize! :ashamed001 Hi Martin!

Even though I dished the twin blade injectors I did buy a pack of Personna twins to keep on hand and I also got a few packs of the Schick 2002's. They are neat the way they are constructed and good display pieces.

I also have a nice little Schick adjustable collection thanks to Martin lending me his to try. :thanks