Schick Injector updated information addenum thread

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BBS, Sep 15, 2019.

1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Update Type J ads done. Type M information updated.

brit likes this.
  2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Update type I ads done.

3. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Amazing thread. Fair play to the OP!

4. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Updates. Type E ads finally done. New razors added for Type L and M. New ad showing Type G2 was also produced in 1946.

Herm2502 likes this.
  5. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

Herm2502 and brit like this.
  6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

This information here is to correct and build on that not replace it outright. There is a lot of information there that is outright wrong when you get into the fine details. If sites like that were kept updated I wouldn't being doing this type of thread and research. Keep in mind the last time Appleby's research was updated was 10+ years ago.

Linuxguile and brit like this.
  7. Chuck Naill

I just used it for the E type. Is there information that you fell is incorrect regarding those designs? I have two E type, one opening and the other not.

brit likes this.
  8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Why don't read what I wrote above first and compare it to the site.

brit likes this.
  9. Chuck Naill

You say '36-'46 for E production and the source I posted '35-45. I don't see any new information from the advertisements. We know the E had a flat spring, rounded spring that opened, an addition that was prevented from opening by a raised circular things and later a locked in mechanism.

brit likes this.
  10. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

That is the only new information I found is introduction date of E1 is wrong. I still need to update the E section some more since I have ads showing the the Type E3 being sold in early 1946. This is a work in progress. The injector razors didn't come back onto market until April of 46. Reason for that date is Magazine repeater company was in the process of being taken over by Eversharp and no razors were being brought to market after the war as this process was ongoing. They completed the merger in march of 1946 and then in April resumed selling razors. They were selling surplus E3 injectors from war production from April until around June. In June is when you start seeing the razors referred to as Eversharp Schick injectors and see the tell tale signs of a G1 razor in the adverts, specifically the removal of the side tabs on the springs.

Jim99, Chuck Naill and brit like this.
  11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Dating information updated for L1 injectors and L7 Championship razor. E3 information updated with proof they were sold in early 1946 prior to the introduction of the Type G1 razors.

Jim99, jmudrick and brit like this.
  12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Updated information on the D and E injectors. Type D date range extended to 1934 - 1936. Type E5 dates, ads added and possibly new Type E variant found.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    Jim99 and brit like this.
  13. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Update, previously undocumented Type L injector. Apparently Eversharp made an Eversharp eagle injector along with the DE razor version for a few months in early 1967. This razor predates the L1 so I am designating it as a L0.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Updated information on the E5 razors including a new variant.

Droo78 and brit like this.
  15. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Updated information. New Type E2 variant added and Japanese Type L1 added. Japanese Type L is the razor the modern Type L clones are a copy of.

Japanese Type L1.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Canadian black handle Type G razors added and updated information and pictures for the Type E2 razors.

brit likes this.
  17. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Black handle E1 style razor added to Type E section.

brit likes this.
  18. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Update, newly revised date for the introduction of the E1 to December of 1935 and documents that a black handle E1 was also sold. Picture of black handle E1 added.

Ad from The Pittsburgh Press Dec. 19th 1935
    [​IMG]

19. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

update documentation on the C3 being sold in 1940.
    Ad from the Los Angeles Times Sun Dec. 8th 1940
    [​IMG]

Jim99 likes this.
  20. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I2 information updated, set and adverts added that show the change over date from the shorter hydro-magic lever to the longer hydro-magic lever happened in 1958.

Jim99 likes this.